Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathew Hill
Australia
East Ryde
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it says that you can't have two stacks of a player's sheep in the same pasture. But the images clearly show single sheep of the same player in the same pasture.

Does the rule only apply where there is more than a single sheep stacked, as a general case?
Or is the intent that when splitting a stack, you can't move both sub-stacks to the same pasture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduril42 wrote:
In the rules it says that you can't have two stacks of a player's sheep in the same pasture. But the images clearly show single sheep of the same player in the same pasture.

Does the rule only apply where there is more than a single sheep stacked, as a general case?
Or is the intent that when splitting a stack, you can't move both sub-stacks to the same pasture?

Well, a pasture is just one hex, so all sheep on the same hex are all one stack and cannot be two stacks. Granted the rules are not explicitly clear on that angle. However, if you read the tie-breaker rules, it becomes clear what a "pasture" refers to.

I think the rule is intended so that you cannot "restack" a stack on top of an existing stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Well, a pasture is just one hex ...

This quote from right at the beginning, a description of the Contents (my highlight)

• 16 Pasture Boards (Each hexagon represents one pasture)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Question regarding one of the rules"

Especially in a Rules forum it would be helpful to make a more useful subject line. This will be appreciated by forum readers in the future looking for questions similar to their own.

I could suggest something as simple as "Question regarding pastures". You can easily make a change to anything you like by Editing your own message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
TVis wrote:
I could suggest something as simple as "Question regarding pastures". You can easily make a change to anything you like by Editing your own message.

Even more clear/helpful/explicit would be something like "Two stacks in one pasture?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
ayejae wrote:
Well, a pasture is just one hex ...

This quote from right at the beginning, a description of the Contents (my highlight)

• 16 Pasture Boards (Each hexagon represents one pasture)

Oh funny, I missed that one. Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.