Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Galimbertti
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Pretty sure the answer is here somewhere, but to be sure:

In any given moment, before election, white controls 6 provinces, with stacks higher than any other, and has a 7th province with a tie of white and white.
So, this 7th province is NOT counted towards control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I think this is explicitly stated in the part of the rules that deals with the the royalist victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Galimbertti
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Thx for the very quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For completeness: remember that each lost battle (i.e. one that no player gained victory in) counts as one less province that needs white control for the royalist end game to be triggered.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Moretti
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battles (placing and resolving counters inside cannon box) could be more than one per turn, or you count every tie even of past turns?)

The royalist end game should work only in third / fourth turn, it's true?

Maurizio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every tie. I think you are supposed to place a white marker in the battle's square on the turn track to keep count of this (which also makes the end of turn more susceptible to a white "coup" - i.e. Running out of white markers).

Yes, 3rd or 4th turn only - as indicated by the fleur-de-lys on the turn track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Moretti
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we've a tie in first and second turn, you have 2 free provinces in the third and fourth turn?

Maurizio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurtzelda wrote:
So if we've a tie in first and second turn, you have 2 free provinces in the third and fourth turn?

Maurizio

There is no battle in turn 1, and the answer to what I think is your question is not a simple yes or no, because the number of lost battles may increase by 1 during each of turns 3 and 4.

Lost battles aside, it requires SEVEN provinces to be CONTROLLED by a white stack for the Counter-Revoluitionary (i.e. Royalist) end game to be declared.

On entering Turn 3, if Valmy was lost (i.e. tied, no general put forward or no tokens in battle box), it will require just SIX provinces to be CONTROLLED by a white stack.

If the battle of Fleurus is also lost (still Turn 3, notice, but by now in the Battle Phase), then at this point it will only need FIVE provinces. Note that a player must be immediately declare the end-game if they want to trigger here - it is not allowed to trigger the condition during the Election Phase that immediately follows.

Finally, in turn 4 this continues - i.e. Five provinces are needed. Then once you get to the battle phase of turn 4, if the battle of Arcole is also lost, it will at that moment require only Four provinces to be controlled by white stacks for the counter-revolutionary end game to be possible. Again, the declaration must be done before the Election Phase is started.

I hope this helps, but otherwise I can only recommend reading the section of the rules that deals with this end game condition, paying careful attention to the Game Terms (capitalized in the rules, and defined in the Game Turns section).

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.