Pixel Tactics Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adventure Ranger - Vanguard and Operation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Selman
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The adventure rangers vanguard ability is "Get's +1 attack for each other adventure ranger in play." If you have an adventure ranger in play as an operation, does it still count as an adventure ranger with respect to their vanguard ability?

In other words, does an adventure ranger in vanguard still get +1 attack from their vanguard ability if the only other adventure ranger in play is in play as an operation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Yes.
Also, don't forget that it works for enemy Rangers, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Selman
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah that's what I figured. I was having a discrepancy with someone over that. The rulebook clearly states that operations are 'in play,' and we have no reason to believe that an Adventure Ranger stops being an Adventure Ranger if it is being played as an operation.

I didn't really think about them getting bonuses from your opponent's Adventure Rangers though. But you're right, Adventure Ranger's vanguard ability doesn't specify that it only gets bonuses from Adventure Rangers in play under your control, so it gets bonuses from ALL Adventure Rangers.

If I were to ever play this game constructed in a format where you weren't constricted to singletons, I can already see how an Adventure Ranger deck would be pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Or, do like me, and try playing a game with Commons ONLY.
(And a random Leader from the HD Leaders)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Selman
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've mostly been playing with commons only. I find that they are a bit less wordy than the normal cards, so it's a bit easier to play with them.

Haven't tried any of the HD leaders yet though. I'll get back to you on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.