Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one of us had ever played this before, so we got all kinds of rules confused and plain wrong. Now that I've looked on BGG since, I think we can fix much of it. I've asked for the Detroit "3" sticker.

Paul explained the game to myself (Chris), Karen and Theresa; I won the first auction, and got myself a nice start between Toronto and Detroit, with Chicago by turn 3. Paul did a few early engine upgrades, and I think that helped him the most, as he was either tied or leading in income for the entire game after that. Paul & Karen both built in the West, while Theresa & I concentrated on the east.

No point giving the final scores, as we messed up the scoring. Paul won easily, though.

I like the potential in this game, but it is a very long game. It is also overly complex, I think, with the goods charts, but I can see that being fun for strategic types, planning WAAAAY ahead.

Never thought to get ratings; I'll do that next time. My guess, though, would be as follows:

Paul - 8
Chris - 7
Theresa - 6
Karen - 5

Game time: about 3.5 hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.