Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the success of this game will depend in large measure on the scenarios.

From what I understand the first several scenarios are basically teaching tools, and therefore will not have any value past teaching the rules.

Based on the posts here so far, the higher # scenarios involve some interesting situations, and they sound fairly cool.

My question is how many total scenarios are included and how many of them are teaching and how many are interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
26 Scenarios. 3-4 (depending on your experience) are there to ease people into the game or provide a quick game over a beer. The rest provide a lot of variance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a pretty impressive number of scenarios. From what I've seen in the session reports and reviews, the non-teaching scenarios are interesting and varied and give the players some interesting things to think about.

I forget which one, but there's a description here of one that starts w/ the deputy turning yella' and leaving the sherrif alone w/ the bad guys. Quite a way to start off!

Sound great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted,

Yep and that one starts off in close quarters and then spills into the street. It can make for a sprawling fight.

I think my advice on these is jusy play one of the easy scenarios. Then skip the meat. I think people are getting caught up in scenarios 1 and 3 and then writing reviews. I'm not sure you can really do that considering these scenarios are the most basic in terms of special rules and what not.

However, I should say if you are playing with a non-gamer those easier scenarios are a godsend. One of our playtesters was someone who just plain doesn't play boardgames and he is now really into this game. He and I played the "Buckshot" scenario a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowboys scenario's

#1: The First Gunfight

#2: Aces and Eights, Dead Man's Hand

#3: Shoot out at the OK Corral

#4: "You're my Huckleberry"

#5: Top Gun

#6: Commodore Owens Vs. the Blevins Boys

#7: The Good, the Bad, and the Not so Pretty

#8: Claiborne's Last Challenge

#9: The Ambush of Wyatt Earp at Mescal Springs

#10: Lynch Mob

#11: A Pickle of a Fix

#12: Sam Bass's Last Ride

#13: Jailbreak

#14: Town Fight with the Cattlemen

#15: Gunnin' for the Sheriff

#16: The Crazy Bunch

#17: Rawhide Rustlers

#18: Stagecoach

#19: Longriders at Long View

#20: Butch and Sundance's Last Stand

#21: The Dalton Gamg's Last Ride

#22: Buckshot vs. the Regulators

#23: The Great Northfield Raid

#24: Swatting a Hornet's Nest

#25: Billy's Escape

#26: The Big Showdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not post the scenario book on the Worthington website as you've done with the rules? I think that it would help gain more interest for those who are on the fence about buying the game (and I seriously doubt that it could hurt sales). You could even put up an image of one of the boards and throw together a free print and play scenario to introduce people to the game. Maybe I'm pushing things a bit, but I think that that sort of freeness gains respect and ultimately pushes sales. One of my favorite authors, Cory Doctorow, has been giving away free electronic copies of his books for a few years now and it has only helped sales. http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/cory-doctorow-copyright-tec...

Anyhow, just a thought.

a fan,
-John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.