Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mythic Shadowrun Crossfire possibility rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've found out today about Mythic RPG (http://www.mythic.wordpr.com/page14/page14.html), which is a system that allow automatic RPG generation so you can play without a GM. I actually read about it in a post on the Once Upon a Time forum, which proposed to combine the Mythic RPG system with the OUaT cards to create a GMless experience (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1191748/once-upon-time-myth...).

now you can probably see why the first thought I had was - "is it possible with Crossfire? can we somehow merge the Mythic system and the Crossfire mechanics to create a sort of a Crossfire campaign?"

I didn't get to go through the Mythic mechanics and actually flesh this idea out, but I was wondering if someone ever attempted this before.

I will go through the OUaT post and the Mythic system and let you know what I think, but if someone is already ahead of me - give me a shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythic is a system that emulates game master for RPG games, Shadowrun: Crossfire is a deck building card game. That could answer your question. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, if you let Mythic handle all things, create some Shadowrun characters, outline the adventure and use Shadowrun: Crossfire just for combat, I guess it might work in some way. For example, when an enemy appears and combat issues, you could handle it similarly to Crossfire mission or any other mission you choose (maybe randomly), and maybe introduce some random elements in combat using Mythic. But considering Shadowrun: Crossfire game's difficulty is quite carefully set (I know it's too hard for some people), I'm not sure it would be a recommendable approach. But if a deckbuilding game exists that would be a candidate for using with Mythic, this game would probably be in the first place..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.