Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro I
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the moving explanation the rulebook states as an example:
"Jupanila reaches the fish pond via previously discovered areas by investing 3 AP. However, she decides to cut through unknown territory, which allows her to use up only 2 AP. She thereby hopes to not stumble on a forest, which would end her turn."

Are we indeed able to jump through undiscovered locations, without being forced to turn the tiles face up?

Or should it read something like:
"Jupanila reaches the fish pond via previously discovered areas by investing 3 AP. However, she can decide to cut through unknown territory, which allows her to use up only 2 AP. She (by taking the longer route) thereby hopes to not stumble on a forest, which would end her turn."

On the Travel Guide Forest section:
"When moving through an already discovered forest, you will neither lose AP nor find a treasure, and thus proceed normally."
Does this mean that going through a discovered forest is free (from spending AP to move through)?
Example: My hero is currently on the Campfire and I want to move to the Smith which is located after a pond, a meadow and a discovered forest:
To reach the Smith I need to spend 4AP or just 3AP since I'm not spending AP to pass the forest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Junker
Switzerland
Burgdorf
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Pedro

I'll try to explain you this how we ment it:

No, you are never allowed to move for free (except when you use a teleport potion). Therefore, you always have to spend 1 AP to move your hero on a adjacent tile. Neither can you "jump" over unexplored areas - you always have to place an Upper World area when "passing the borders of the visible Upper World". By doing this, the Upper World gets discovered.

The example in the rules tries to show, that in some cases, you may "cut" through unknown/undiscovered territory by taking and placing one Upper World tile... Sometimes, this might be a shortcut - BUT: In case you find a forest, you won't reach the pond because you would lose all AP in case of a forest that comes right into play. (By moving over discovered forest, you won't get lost and have to spend ALL of your remaining AP - but you still have to pay 1 AP for the "move"-action)

Does this make things clearer?

Thanks for supporting Heldentaufe!
Simon J.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply put: In the example you can either walk the longer route that is already on the table (but requires 3 AP) or use the shorter route by adding a new tile to the empty space. This with the risk of revealing a forest, which would end your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro I
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly the interpretation I did when I tried the online simulation so when I read the rulebook I found it odd to be otherwise. Thanks for the clarification.

Just played the first time, great game, spectacular art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the OP's confusion about moving through a discovered forest. Perhaps it would have been better stated as "...you will neither lose all your AP nor find a treasure..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noted. The travel-guide on the last page says about a previously discovered Forest that you won't find a treasure there and instead continue your move as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.