Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw a single copy on a clearance shelf. It's considerably cheaper than the lowest on CCC, but as always with Target clearances YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dpci number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Santos
United States
Bonner Springs
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a local thing. I don't think I've ever seen acquire at my target.
Nice find though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
YMMV very much so. I found these for the same price at 1 store, drove to the next closest store that carried them and they were $34.95.

It has already been hashed out here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24711556#24711556

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
justinbarnhill wrote:
dpci number?

087-10-3120
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody is in Atlanta area Brickseek is showing 4 copies for $10.48 in Kennesaw.

Too far for me to go for something I'm not really interested in anyway but may help somone local out:

Cobb
740 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144-6860
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hutchins
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a couple for $11.?? in Rochester (Henrietta store) a couple weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilford McGee
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
i used to live in Henrietta, at the RIT inn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's been like that for maybe about 1 month so far. It's definitely a YMMV.

Via Brickseeker [NW Chicago area] I see 2 of them
Brickyard location -- 17.xx (I've seen this sit for a good month now)
Rosemont location -- 10.xx, per site (haven't seen it but they say they have 1 copy on hand)

I've been considering it but I really don't need 3 versions of Acquire. 3M and AH big box one should suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Byrnes
United States
Des Plaines
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:

Rosemont location -- 10.xx, per site (haven't seen it but they say they have 1 copy on hand)
Just called. It's not there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in the Bay Area, according to brickseek they have some for around $11 in:
Hayward and San Jose and around $18 in Dublin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevkev60614 wrote:
KingD21 wrote:

Yep. I recommend that no one ever go out of their way based on online inventory alone without calling unless there are a ton of copies showing. I've driven out of my way to stores that supposedly had 2-3 copies of things to find they were in fact sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviews I've read say this new version is nearly un-playable - ymmv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
NuMystic wrote:
kevkev60614 wrote:
KingD21 wrote:

Yep. I recommend that no one ever go out of their way based on online inventory alone without calling unless there are a ton of copies showing. I've driven out of my way to stores that supposedly had 2-3 copies of things to find they were in fact sold out.

You also can't really judge by calling with clearance items. At the store I picked these up at there were far from the game section in the clearance aisle and if you were to ask an employee they didn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
abonosky wrote:

The board is very hard to read without adding some paint to the raised letters and numbers. It's quick and easy to do and is really the only issue with usability. The font isn't the best, but I think the complaints about it are exaggerated. The board is slightly smaller leading to a game that's 1-2 rounds shorter. The only other change worth noting is to payouts, but you can easily play by the new or old rules in that regard so to me seems a nonissue. Overall, aside from needing to paint the board, I consider the other issues people have brought up only worth mentioning in passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
kevkev60614 wrote:
KingD21 wrote:

You also can't really judge by calling with clearance items. At the store I picked these up at there were far from the game section in the clearance aisle and if you were to ask an employee they didn't exist.

It's definitely still worth calling in my experience after dealing with multiple stores across many sales. Their on site inventory system is more current than the online one. Without even having to head out to the shelves many locations can see right on their computer that they don't actually have any copies on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
abonosky wrote:

The board is very hard to read without adding some paint to the raised letters and numbers. It's quick and easy to do and is really the only issue with usability. The font isn't the best, but I think the complaints about it are exaggerated. The board is slightly smaller leading to a game that's 1-2 rounds shorter. The only other change worth noting is to payouts, but you can easily play by the new or old rules in that regard so to me seems a nonissue. Overall, aside from needing to paint the board, I consider the other issues people have brought up only worth mentioning in passing.

Joel Eddy on DriveThru had very positive things to say about this edition. He agreed on the need to highlight the board for legibility but apart from that easy fix said it's better than the last few editions and the one he'd recommend getting given the choice between those that are affordably available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Joel Eddy on DriveThru had very positive things to say about this edition. He agreed on the need to highlight the board for legibility but apart from that easy fix said it's better than the last few editions and the one he'd recommend getting given the choice between those that are affordably available.

Good to know, I'll keep my eye out, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wong
msg tools
Sonicwarhol wrote:
If you are in the Bay Area, according to brickseek they have some for around $11 in:
Hayward and San Jose and around $18 in Dublin

Thanks. I picked up two from one of the end caps. There are two left in the Story Rd, San Jose location. Rang up around $11. Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Grimes
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moorpark CA had 3 copies at $10.48 each this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bunch more locations just dropped from 50% to 70% off so it's worth checking Brickseek again if they were in stock but not yet down to $10.98 $10.48 the last time you looked.

Just grabbed a copy in Brooklyn, NY at the Atlantic Terminal Target and there were at least a dozen left on the Clearance end cap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, hey - my locations are showing $10.48
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
Out of 20 nearby Target locations, only one of them had it at $10.48 but is now OOS. If they had it, I would think it's worth the 6 mile drive and crisp Hamilton bill in exchange for the infamous unpainted release version of Acquire. But alas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Good to know, I'll keep my eye out, then.

I grabbed a version from 1966, I think, here when someone was doing an auction. I was the only bidder and it was $9 + shipping. Outside of the pimped out version, I think it is the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
I grabbed a version from 1966, I think, here when someone was doing an auction. I was the only bidder and it was $9 + shipping. Outside of the pimped out version, I think it is the best.

1966? How does it smell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.