Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in French with English next week but it is hopefully the first of many

http://www.monolithedition.com/download/scenarios/web/scenar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking forward to the English translation of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
To win, the hero carrying the spellbook must succeed in escaping the tavern before the end of turn 7.

To win, the Overlord must prevent the heroes from running away from the tavern with the spellbook before the end of turn 7.

The game begins with the Heroes' turn.
The Heroes are deployed on the zone marked 1.
We suggest you use:
• Conan (coat of mail, Conan sword),
• Bêlit (armor of leather, lance of ornament),
• Hadrathus (Shield, Sword and 2 spells: Mitra Halo and Lightning Storm). Hadrathus starts with his Mitra Halo disabled.
All Heroes start with 4 gems in Fatigue Zone.

The Overlord starts with 9 gems in the available Energy Zone and 3 in the Fatigue Zone. He recovers 5 gems per turn.
Reinforcement: 4 reinforcement points.
Fire at will: All Overlord troops can carry out a free range attack if they have the ability

Chests: during the installation, the Overlord has at random two counters numbered 1 and 2 face "chest" visible as
Shown on the map.

Captain's Key: When the Captain is killed, the Key Card is placed on the Captain's area.

Chest Opening: Without the Captain's Key, opening a chest is a complex difficulty handling 4. A Hero with
The key of the Captain can open the chests by making a simple manipulation. When a chest is opened the Hero returns the pawn
chest. If it is numbered 1, the chest contained the spellbook and the Grimoire card is immediately picked up by the hero.
Otherwise the chest is empty and the chest counter is discarded.

Fleeing the Tavern: A hero present in one of the outer zones, to the south of the plateau, can flee by making a movement
Normal, as if it were moving from one zone to another. His figurine is removed from the board and he can not come back into play

Walls: all walls between two rooms of the same floor are destructible (by a figure with the skill wall wrecker) with the exception of the enclosure walls of the tavern including those overlooking the street.

Jumping / Climbing from the balustrade: jumping from the balustrade inflicts defenselessly possible and if the figurine
Has the Jump skill. Going up on the balustrade costs 2 gems for a character with the climbing skill.

Jumping / Climbing from a staircase: jumping stairs inflicts defenselessly possible and if the figurine has
The Jump skill. Going up the staircase by the railing on the side costs 1 gem for a character with
Skill climbing.

I do not speak French I simply used google
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
looking forward to the English translation of it

I am not sure what takes them so long. I cut and pasted it into google and for the most part I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks brett appreciate itthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Story at the top:
The Khauran is a small country, stuck between the great Western states and the sultanates of the Far East. The town of Khauran is
The only important city in the kingdom, for it controls the road to the caravans and is full of riches. Like a watch tower, it lies near the river that separates the verdant regions of the desert from sand.
Threatened for decades by the Shi'ite nomadic tribes and the formidable zuagirs who occupy the deserts of the east
Of Shem, the kingdom has always defended itself by relying on contingents of mercenaries from the hyborian nations. It is
Within the troops that Conan serves. The formidable Cimmerian warrior, though not a Hyborian, found a job there at his
Measure: scrapping against the Shiites the day and squandering his pay in the khaurani at night.
During a drinking Conan has wind of a conspiracy to remove Queen Taramis. He learns that the Captain of the Royal Guard
Would be at the head of the conspirators with the support of the king of Zamora. If the Cimmerian knows that the queen rewards fidelity, he knows also that without solid evidence, it will be impossible for him to outwit the conspiracy officially. He therefore decided to act directly and,with the help of a few acolytes, departs in the direction of the inn where the conspirators must meet, persuaded to find evidence there
Of their treason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm being cynical, but their timing suggest they want to put on a good show to get more money in the Mythic Battles PM.

They posted the revised English rulebook for Conan just as the MBP test PM went live.

They posted the first very overdue scenario just as the MBP PM is going live (today).

Could be a coincidence, sure.

Anyway, after many months of owning unusable stretch goals / paid add-ons, this is what they have to offer? And it uses one of the only add-ons I didn't pick up, doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick b
Canada
vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Perhaps I'm being cynical, but their timing suggest they want to put on a good show to get more money in the Mythic Battles PM.

They posted the revised English rulebook for Conan just as the MBP test PM went live.

They posted the first very overdue scenario just as the MBP PM is going live (today).

Anyway, after many months of owning unusable stretch goals / paid add-ons, this is what they have to offer? And it uses one of the only add-ons I didn't pick up, doh!

You may well be right about the timing but they have indicated that this is the first of many such scenarios so I will remain optimistic. It makes sense as the crossbowmen are available as retail so this scenario should appeal to both KS and retail owners.
I look forward to trying this (using proxies) and I hope there is more to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:

If they wanted put on a good show for MB they would have announced more crossover tiles and hero sheets for all stretch goal minis or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. They missed a massive opportunity there, not putting Mythic Battles SG into the PM as extra crossover content. Just because they listened to a very vocal minority that didn't understand that the Spartoi Skeleton Overlord tile was " inbetween " the SG's, not replacing them.

Oh and it looks like it's going to be tomorrow ( hopefully ) for the PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Monolith have copped a massive amount of abuse about their translation efforts and you are wondering why they are taking a bit longer than a Google translation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatach wrote:
Geoff wrote:

If they wanted put on a good show for MB they would have announced more crossover tiles and hero sheets for all stretch goal minis or something.

So because they didn't provide the extra cross-over tiles that loud voices decried during the campaign, they don't want to attract as much late pledging / addon buying during the PM as they can?

And we have idea why they can, cannot or will not put more Conan stuff in there. Perhaps they're worried about the backlash from MP backers as per campaign, or potential Conan late pledgers who are "forced" to buy another game just to get the Conan tiles, or perhaps some post-KS restriction imposed by Asmosdee, or <insert any other speculation here>.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not me. I am ecstatic that they are able to go back to work on Conan now the Pantheon is done. I look forward to many more to make Conan a massive game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sanchez
msg tools
The inevitable good thing mb did for Conan was advertise the retail box enough that a few mb pledgers picked up Conan at retail.

The fact mb backed out of providing Conan content after producing one spartoi tile either means the mb complainers were right and mb was using Conan content to spread stretch goals or mb backed away from producing any content for Conan after the outcry from mb pledgers. Either way it's a shitty move by monolith And yes monolith made mb despite the alternate team propaganda. When everyone left on monolith (Fred Henry, clernko, Adrain smith, Leo vesperin, etc) are all working on mb. It's no longer a seperate team. It might be. New team but it's the same people and a few more.

I left my pledge for mb at a dollar. I'll pick up the Conan tiles when they get dumped on eBay since all the typhoon pledges get it. If the flying monkey is avail at a reasonable price I'll pick it up if not I'll proxy it. Nothing else in mb is needed and if your dying dog the maps or heros minis you can pick it up retail from coolmini or online for 30-40% markdowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungo wrote:
When everyone left on monolith (Fred Henry, clernko, Adrain smith, Leo vesperin, etc) are all working on mb.

That is just false.
Fred Henry works on many projects simultaneously, including Conan. A game designer has to work on future projects, otherwise he's dead.
Leo works on MB. He's not been working on Conan for 1+ year, a.f.a.i.k.
Clarenko, Smith and other artists/sculptors have been working on Conan but their job's been finished for a long while. Then they've worked on MB and other projects, since they need to eat like anyone.
Conan's team works on Conan, period.
There are now 3-4 people working on Conan full time, behind the scenes (they're not in your list, though). I pass to Monolith's office once or twice a month, to say hello. Each time, all I see is that the guys and girls are 100% on Conan, working hard on various things.
Sorry if it doesn't fit any conspiracy theory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
During KS campaign, I bought every add-on pack except Crossbowman and Dragon. I was hoping to substitute Crossbowman with archers, but this scenario requires 8 crossbowmen so I guess I will just have to skip this one and wait for the release of future scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel Lin wrote:
During KS campaign, I bought every add-on pack except Crossbowman and Dragon. I was hoping to substitute Crossbowman with archers, but this scenario requires 8 crossbowmen so I guess I will just have to skip this one and wait for the release of future scenarios.

Just in case you didn't know, the Crossbowmen have been available in retail for a couple of weeks now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
DancingFool wrote:
Daniel Lin wrote:

Just in case you didn't know, the Crossbowmen have been available in retail for a couple of weeks now.

Strapped for cash ATM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's a good thing the extra scenarios are coming, I am feeling pretty gutted that the first extra one is for content available now at retail and not one of the King Pledge stretch goals.

This is simply giving me the idea that the scenarios for retail content will get preference to boost sales and kickstarter backers will spend another x amount of months waiting for scenarios for our nearly full box of minis we currently can't use.

I get that they're a business and need to make money, but this is really making me reconsider pledging for other Monolith games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinceness wrote:
While it's a good thing the extra scenarios are coming, I am feeling pretty gutted that the first extra one is for content available now at retail and not one of the King Pledge stretch goals.

This is simply giving me the idea that the scenarios for retail content will get preference to boost sales and kickstarter backers will spend another x amount of months waiting for scenarios for our nearly full box of minis we currently can't use.

I get that they're a business and need to make money, but this is really making me reconsider pledging for other Monolith games.

I am not sure they chose to publish this one first for this reason... It is likely it was just the first to be ready amongst all the scenarios that are being developed. Remember that teams have received prototypes and specific minis from King pledge and SG in order to have scenarios developed specifically for this material. So no worry, these scenarios are coming.
Anyway, if you really can't wait for scenarios using SG and add-ons, just have a look there, you'll find plenty of them.
https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/forum/9-sc%C3%A9narios-%...
https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/forum/10-sc%C3%A9narios-...

http://www.conan-scenarios.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of lake map is that which is used in some of the scenarios on

I´ve a King pledge but can´t remember I received this board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a very good question. It's not a map from the KS, is it one coming to retail ? Or did they " borrow "a map from MB-P ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
What kind of lake map is that which is used in some of the scenarios on

I´ve a King pledge but can´t remember I received this board.

It is a map that was conceived specifically for a scenario contest.
See here :
http://www.conan-scenarios.com/ConcoursQ12017.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, looks really nice!
And I´m impressed of how many scenarios are on this page. Have to do some google translate and try some of them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinceness wrote:

To be fair, as King Pledgers we already have 8 extra scenarios that the retail folks don't have. Also, most of the fan made scenarios incorporate the stretch goals, so retail folks can't even play those. I think it's fine that they're given a preference right now. I want the game to do well at retail and to have some longevity. They'll get to the stretch goals eventually. And if not, a lot of the fan made ones are pretty darn good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.