Hide
5 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: french surrender rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ralph kramden
msg tools
Only one change that seems to be a potential issue. To start with, getting the french to surrender as early as the historical time table has been a real issue in most of my games, but perhaps I am just a poor player. However, since the rules for french surrender state that all british "units" must be gone, I can just see my friend tim playing catch me if you can with a british air unit or two. Such a ploy would sem to easily cost the germans several extra turns, maybe worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marten Tjaart Raadsveld
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, if you don't like that rule: just ignore it or change to 'British Army units'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rule is that Vichy is not established until British units leave France. I intend to apply this as: no Brit Army units or Brit ships in French ports.

France still surrenders when Paris falls. In our games France falls on schedule most of the time, if Germany does not go for an England first strategy or a vet early Barbarossa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are interested: There's additional discussion about French surrender in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Nagy
Hungary
balmazújváros
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But why it was needed? The Axis was too strong, had to much time to prepare for barbarossa before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.