Dicey Goblins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Quach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I have read the rules and seen videos but I'm still lost on how the dice are divided.

1 leaves and gets any 1 die even if red.
More than 1 leave die for each must have same number if not all get 1 egg.

Bag is empty all divide up to 3 die each all of same number showing if not get 1 egg.

Red is resolved last and gets that many from the person with the most eggs.

Am I missing anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
NaryaTheCollector wrote:
I have read the rules and seen videos but I'm still lost on how the dice are divided.

1 leaves and gets any 1 die even if red.
- Yes.

More than 1 leave die for each must have same number if not all get 1 egg.
- Yes. Examples on page 4 of the rules should help clarify.

Bag is empty all divide up to 3 die each all of same number showing if not get 1 egg.
- Yes, as long as you mean "all remaining" when you say "all."

Red is resolved last and gets that many from the person with the most eggs.
- Yes.

Am I missing anything else?

- I think you have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Three people still in bag is empty eggs are 3,3,3,4,4,4,2,2 red gone foot and two doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Tinsley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In that example each remaining player would get one die with a four and one die with a three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Sweet Thank's man. My hardcore gaming friends loved this as a game to end the night with a good hearty laugh.

Thank you, Tyler Tinsley and Steve Ellis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Viklund
Sweden
PiteƄ
flag msg tools
Hijacking this thread here, because I feel that some things are still a bit unclear. For instance, if two players choose to run away when the lair consists of dice showing 2,2,3,3, do they effectively clear the lair of eggs, taking a 2 and a 3 each, leaving nothing to the player(s) that dared to raid/stay put? It's unfortunate that the rulebook only shows examples of players only being able to get one die each, only making the case for receiving multiple dice when there's a single player left. The rules do say that players are able to collect up to 3 dice each in the rare case of the bag being emptied of dice, but that's a very specific scenario. This really should've been clarified further.

I should mention that I haven't played the game yet, but this question instantly came to mind after reading the rulebook. I know I'm not alone in this regard, since someone had a similar comment in the comments-section. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.