9 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jump Skill revisited rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cooper Black

Arizona
msg tools
During the time our group has been playing Black Plauge (over a year I believe) no one chose to play Ariane until last week. In playing her we thought the rules for Jump were once every action. As it turns out in reality it looks like she can use the Jump skill once per turn.

Even during our play last week with once per action the Jump skill was limited as it involves line of sight, meaning no indoors jumps and no right angle jumps outside. It seems to me that by making the skill only once per player turn, it severely devalues it and hence poor Ariane gets picked last to be on the team.

I may be missing something as we have only played her once. It just seems like the skill is very weak as is, especially compared to Bloodlust, which is extremely powerful. I think if they ever limited Bloodlust to once a turn rather than once an action, we'd still have players fighting over who would get to play Ann.

I'm considering house ruling for our group that Ariane gets the option to jump each action, but I thought I'd throw this out for other thoughts. Am I missing something regarding this skill? Is the ability to ignore the zombies in the space jumped that powerful to limit this ability to once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a player in our group who chooses Arianne almost every time because he loves the jump skill. To be honest, I would be inclined to agree with you, but he seems to have some success with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a good reason they "tweaked" it to allow jumping over tower ramparts. Jumping on and off a tower is powerful since the Zs can't exactly follow you.

We always draw random survivors and she has come out a couple times. She's done well for us, but we did note her ability is limited inside buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I am not sure about jump being particularly good. Like now I am on the other side of the zombies and now they are still going to kill me because I am separated from my friends who can't jump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be useful to kite an Abominations away from the main group, or to get an objective on the other side of a large group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Black

Arizona
msg tools
Thanks all for the replies. I wasn't aware that Jump was tweaked to include moving over tower ramparts as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kokopete wrote:
Thanks all for the replies. I wasn't aware that Jump was tweaked to include moving over tower ramparts as well.

It's been quite heavily tweaked too, given that if choosing this option, you only move one space (directly over the ramparts edge) instead of the two that Jump usually allows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vaillancourt
msg tools
Clipper wrote:
kokopete wrote:

It's been quite heavily tweaked too, given that if choosing this option, you only move one space (directly over the ramparts edge) instead of the two that Jump usually allows.

I've been searching for clarrifications on the jump skill when it occurs with ramparts or over building. Where did you read about this "tweak"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curarre wrote:
I've been searching for clarrifications on the jump skill when it occurs with ramparts or over building. Where did you read about this "tweak"?

It's in this thread:

Pikaraph wrote:
OK, so I got an answer from GG :
Jump ability : it also allows the Survivor to pass above Ramparts from a Tower zone to an adjacent zone down the Tower to which the Survivor has a line of sight, or from a zone down the Tower to an adjacent Tower zone to which the Survivor has a line of sight (there's no interleaving zone in these cases).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.