Subject: EU and Rest of the World shipping (Kickstarter) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: I have just had a very nice and comprehensive Kickstarter message from the game's creator Jordan regarding the European shipping.

The answer to my question why EU shipping is still so expensive even with a European distribution partner seems to be
(a) the game is pretty heavy, just above one of the weight limits for the postal services, and
(b) there just aren't that many copies going to Europe or the Rest of the World, so the freight shipping is still pretty expensive per unit.

Leaving this here in case anybody else has the same question.

Ah well, I'll see if anyone wants to do an EU group order or I'll go for the PnP. And otherwise, I wish the game lots of success -- so it gets retail distribution in Europe!
No, seriously, it seems like a cool game and I hope it does well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep it's a shame that often shipping costs can be so high. I've kickstarted the game at the $80 level to get everything (Unusual for me) and had to think twice, but decided what the heck and went for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.