2 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » Variants

Subject: LOS House Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Until the release of the forthcoming advanced LOS rules from FFG, these are the rules I will be using for my own games in place of the 1 hex and 2 hex blind zone rules.

LOS House Rules

For the purposes of these rules, intervening woods/buildings hexes at ground level are treated as being half as high as a level 1 hill.

1. The “Half-Height” Rule: If an obstruction is exactly half the difference in height between two hexes, it blocks LOS if closer to the lower of the two hexes. This rule applies to level 2 hill hexes tracing LOS over level 1 hill hexes to ground level hexes (level 0) and also to level 1 hexes tracing LOS over woods/buildings hexes to ground level hexes.

2. The “Quarter-Height” Rule: If an obstruction is exactly a quarter the difference in height between two hexes, a 1 hex blind zone exists behind the obstruction unless it is adjacent to the higher of the two hexes. This rule applies only to level 2 hill hexes tracing LOS over intervening ground level woods/buildings hexes to ground level hexes (level 0).

I think these rules make LOS checks more realistic without over-complicating the game too much. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

NappyPlayer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think anything is worth a try... (It still is hard to explain/understand the normal LOS rules with elevated terrain.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.