10 Posts

Colosseum» Forums » General

Subject: Will the reprint become widely available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoardGameMonkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.... just wondering if the reprint of this will ever be widely available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know specifics, but since you (apparently) missed the Kickstarter reprint I believe TMG intends for this to be hitting retail sometime after backers receive the game. It's expected to ship to backers by the end of February.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/colosseum...

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/136230
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to know if the metal coins will be available separately at some point in the future? I'd really like to buy a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
I would really like to know if the metal coins will be available separately at some point in the future? I'd really like to buy a set.

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dvation wrote:
I don't know specifics, but since you (apparently) missed the Kickstarter reprint I believe TMG intends for this to be hitting retail sometime after backers receive the game. It's expected to ship to backers by the end of February.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/colosseum...

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/136230

Tony is correct, it will be available through retail channels after backers receive their copies.

There is currently no intent to make the coins widely available separately, they would be very expensive as an individual product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There could be quite a bit of demand though - I'd be interested too...

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
There is currently no intent to make the coins widely available separately, they would be very expensive as an individual product.

Oh no!...I would think that there are quite a few people that didn't partake in the Kickstarter since they already had a copy of the previous version and would like to upgrade their game with the coins from this version. The coins are so nice I would think that many people might want to use them for other games as well. I know that the Broken Token offers metal coins for various games like Carson City, Lords of Waterdeep, etc. Maybe if TMG can't do it, you could license them to TBT and have them do it? Just an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
trakes wrote:
truekid wrote:

Oh no!...I would think that there are quite a few people that didn't partake in the Kickstarter since they already had a copy of the previous version and would like to upgrade their game with the coins from this version. The coins are so nice I would think that many people might want to use them for other games as well. I know that the Broken Token offers metal coins for various games like Carson City, Lords of Waterdeep, etc. Maybe if TMG can't do it, you could license them to TBT and have them do it? Just an idea.

Thankfully, The Rake, being an adult, it isn't as if a few nice coins make any real difference in the game. I'm sticking with my beautiful DOW edition, coins and all. You couldn't pay me to get the new cartoonish version, though I do look forward to playing someone's copy to save wear and tear on mine. To each our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, someone popping in the thread with the express purpose of being rude, time for me to unsubscribe from the thread.

For the others: if we had enough demand we could consider selling coins separately, but doing a run of coins for only a hundred or so people would not be cost-effective (as in, it would be almost as expensive as just buying the new Colosseum). So definitely feel free to shoot us an email, we do track requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Thankfully, The Rake, being an adult, it isn't as if a few nice coins make any real difference in the game. I'm sticking with my beautiful DOW edition, coins and all. You couldn't pay me to get the new cartoonish version, though I do look forward to playing someone's copy to save wear and tear on mine. To each our own.

Being a half a century old, I appreciate the compliment that I sound youthful and with my eyesight starting to fade those metal coins would be a lot easier to discern the values of by feel over those smooth and slippery cardboard tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.