Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
What did you expect to see here?
badge
Nope, nothing much here either, but thanks for looking :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this is a simple question and I'm overthinking something.

Rule 6.46 states:

6.46 Tile Limits: The number and types of available tiles limits what may be laid, with the exception of yellow basic track tiles: #7, #8, and #9 (which are unlimited). Return any previously placed tiles after upgrading them so they can be reused. (my emphasis)

The Tile Manifest (p21 GMT Rule Book) also notes (via an asterisk *) that tiles 7, 8 and 9 are "Unlimited" as to number available.

Could someone explain the unlimited exception.... I took it to mean to you could imagine/pretend there was, say, an invisible #9 tile in a hex if there were not any left available, or maybe you turn another tile upside down to fill in the space and pretend it's #9? But then you'd have to remember each time what vacant space/pretend tile was.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
XB_XB wrote:
What am I missing?

Nothing. That's it. If you need a 7, 8, or 9 tile and there are none left in the tile mix, make do with something else as a placeholder (upside-down like you suggested works). The chances of needing to do this are slim, but do exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We occasionally run out of #8 or #9 tiles; I don't remember running out of the #7s. If this happens, we substitute a #8 for a #9 or vice-versa, tilting it so you can see where the track is going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
XB_XB wrote:
What am I missing?

Another 18XX game to cadge some tiles from. The new 1846's tiles are a bit bigger but not enough to make it confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.