7 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: small issue, 3rd scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
Were the tiles changed at some point? I can't set up the 3rd scenario the way it's displayed in the quest book - when I match the tiles with the images, the side chambers connect with each other, and some of the tiles don't connect at all. I'm guessing I'm just supposed to turn the tiles so that they properly fit, but I had to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maad McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just set up scenario 3 as indicated by the book without issues.

The main center chamber is made up of two map tiles (L1b & L3a)
You may have overlooked this if you are just doing it by eye and not by the tile list for the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, saw that. I was trying to orient the tiles the way they're oriented in the quest book - the tiles didn't match up correctly when oriented that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's an image:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging from your picture, it looks like rotating L1b should solve the issue, but you are correct that L1b's artwork is rotated incorrectly in the scenario book. Checking all the other tiles and comparing them to the scenario book, it looks like this problem affects the "b" side of all L and D tiles.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry for the confusion. I'll make a note of it in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
<obligatory "... literally unplayable." comment>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ha! The issue was so small I didn't want to bring it up, but my body just buzzed when I couldn't align the tiles. It's one problem with marketing to a detail-oriented group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.