Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have, in all of my 27-odd years of gaming, and seeing this PBEM thing on the Geek for the last 4 years or so, never played a game in this fashion. What's the best game to do this with and how does one go about it. I'm a teacher and I have the summer off and aside from writing three new curriculae I have nothing much to do...

So, consider this looking not only for counsel but an invitation as well. Remember, though, I'm a PBEM newbie so be nice to me. I feel pre-ashamed of my "novice-ness" but I think I'd like to get into this part of the hobby.

ps. Have they changed how to put your game collection on here? I got through the Ms and now have no idea where to go to continue. Sorry, unrelated, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking for genuine Play By Email? There are lots of options if you want to "Play by Website". Many of them send game state through email, so it's pretty close to play by email.

You list Diplomacy high on your ratings. Any interest in getting in on the latest "BGG" game? We're looking for two more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomacy is probably the best PBEM game.

bigfomlof wrote:
ps. Have they changed how to put your game collection on here? I got through the Ms and now have no idea where to go to continue. Sorry, unrelated, I know.

Just go to the bottom of a game's page, check the owned box and click submit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. I had a much quicker way of doing it before, though, by ging through all the games in a particular letter. oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Haack
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
my absolutely favourite PBM/PBEM Game is "United", a soccer-manager-Simulation. You rule a soccer-Club in the way an english teammanager does, buy and sell Players and decides about tactic. It is an eternal game and ends only, when the GameMaster or the players loose the interest. Two of the games I play with are lasting now 20 years or more, because one season lasts about 1 year, and you have to send moves only every three or four weeks.
The game was invented by the british Alan Parr, but as I know it is mostly played in Germany. There are many dozens, maybe 50 or 100 Games running.
More information you get on www.oberfoul.de or at www.schroepl.net
nice dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica (says the BSG 03/X1/X2 moderator and Col. Tigh of BSG 04).

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.