United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To participate you must be able to ship and receive from/to a US address.

Deadline to submit offers: February 5th, 10:00 PM Eastern
Deadline to submit wants: February 9th, 9:00 AM Eastern
**Please note the AM deadline.**

Shipping: Should you not specify any shipping restrictions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping prohibitions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the mattercool

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/221367/february-17-us-mat...
Wishlist Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/221368/february-17-us-mat...

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 This trade will utilize the OLWLG (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade.

d10-2 You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts. Should you find your game is in lesser condition than you originally listed it. Do not edit the listing. Delete it and relist.

d10-3 Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Ships: Free to all 50 incl MPO's

d10-4 Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly displays in the OLWLG.

d10-5 If you have reason to remove an item, please DELETE it. The OLWLG handles this just fine. See rule 6.

d10-6 Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

d10-7 Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason. You will need to use outside the scope of BGG and altname tags.

d10-8 Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage, meaning you may not trade any gift card or GG lot for one of greater value. I will allow you to trade GC's for equal or lesser valued GC's. Please don't make me regret this If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

***NEW***: You may not both simultaneously buy GG for cash equivalents and sell GG for cash equivalents in the same trade. Meaning if you intend to offer GG and request CE's for those listings, you may not also offer CE's and request GG, and vice versa. You may either be a buyer or seller, but not both during the same trade. This does not apply to any transaction where an actual game is being traded, strictly GG for CE and CE for GG transactions.

d10-9 Do not use a listing for items unless you are offering that listing, this also applies to listings using hyperlinks in the description. For example, do not list a game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

d10-1d10-0 Any disputes will be mediated by the moderator. Results not final until posted by the moderator.

A Personal note, please read:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades.

I am running this trade because I think that MT's are the best part of our hobby and I want to make some trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons(to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed participate in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

Helpful Links:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

ITERATIONS=25
SEED=2012017
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, February 5th, 2017, 10:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, February 9th, 2017, 9:00 AM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for running another one of these. I did notice a minor error on the Math Trade Announcement page. It says the wants list deadline is Monday the 9th, which is actually a Thursday. Just a heads-up because I know people can get a little salty about dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
Hey, thanks for running another one of these. I did notice a minor error on the Math Trade Announcement page. It says the wants list deadline is Monday the 9th, which is actually a Thursday. Just a heads-up because I know people can get a little salty about dates.

Good catch, thanks. Copy & paste errorshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long would it take for this to show up in OLWLG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotos wrote:

It shows up after it's manually approved by JeffyJeff, it's usually within hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Deadline to submit offers: [b]February 5th, 10:00 PM Eastern

do note that date, Sunday Feb 5th is Superbowl Sunday... and 10pm could possibly still playing the end of the game

BentlyCash wrote:
Scrotos wrote:
It shows up after it's manually approved by JeffyJeff, it's usually within hours.

in this case within an hour
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

do note that date, Sunday Feb 5th is Superbowl Sunday... and 10pm could possibly still playing the end of the game

With a 6:30pm EST start time, I'd say that's more likely than not actually.

Of course, I've got a Con this weekend anyway.

But he said he wanted to make this a shorter submission one, so ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

BentlyCash wrote:
Scrotos wrote:

in this case within an hour

Thanks Jeff! I did forget about the Superbowl, hopefully everyone will go nuts and get everything listed early...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

With a 6:30pm EST start time, I'd say that's more likely than not actually.

Of course, I've got a Con this weekend anyway.

But he said he wanted to make this a shorter submission one, so ...

I actually prefer longer - meatier trades, but I got a decent amount of feedback in December that there is at least a portion of people that greatly prefer them short. I guess time will tell. February isn't a real month anyway, so it can't be too big of a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

February isn't a real month anyway, so it can't be too big of a mistake.

It's totally the Pluto of the calendar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please add the link to this discussion thread over on the OLWLG? It makes it easier to find.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Can you please add the link to this discussion thread over on the OLWLG? It makes it easier to find.

Thanks!

Somehow I did not know this was a thing...wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Allen
United States
Streamwood
Illinois
flag msg tools
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to search/filter within a geeklist to only show posts by a single person? Basically I want to pull up all my entries in the January trade so that I can copy items to this trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
jrallen7 wrote:
Is there a way to search/filter within a geeklist to only show posts by a single person? Basically I want to pull up all my entries in the January trade so that I can copy items to this trade.

Boy howdy, I am going to make your day.

Go to the OLWLG, and find this trade.

Click on this icon, underneath the trade title:

This will open up a list of everything you have listed as "for trade" on BGG (as of your last sync).

From the drop down menu, select the January trade, click submit.

Then just click "add to geeklist" for each item you want to add. The descriptions for each item from that particular geeklist will be duplicated exactly and automatically filled in. Just pick your image (if the image isn't accurate), subscribe to the item, and click submit!

NOTE: If you put all your relevant information into your "Trade Condition" field for your items that are "for trade", that is what will automatically populate the entry on that default page for the box icon. So, with a little homework, you don't even have to go back to previous math trades. I personally only use old math trade entries for my "pick X small games" and "pick X promo" lots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrallen7 wrote:

Not that I know of... but you can go to your profile / Contributions / Geeklist Items... then you can see them there.

Here's a quick jump link too:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/items/user/jrallen7?domai...

EDIT: Ninja'd ninja by a superior Math Trade specific option above, but in case you need this functionality for a non-Math Trade reason, there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Thanks!

Somehow I did not know this was a thing...wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
The olwlg does this. click the add items button in the header, and then set it to query the previous math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: I will be shipping items from overseas (where I currently am) but would be accepting trades to my address in the states. Is this allowed? All it should mean is that the shipping will take a little longer from my end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gifford
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to check on one of the rules:
d10-7 Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason

I have some Star Trek plastic models,
Lego sets
That I would like to throw into the trade.

Looking at the criteria above I would say these would be allowed since they are similar culture.

2nd opinion anyone?

I know in past trades we use to have more non game items but I would consider related and appropriate.

examples: books, DVD's, toys (I got a Star trek tricoder and also traded away star wars micromachine a couple of years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wario83 wrote:
Quick question: I will be shipping items from overseas (where I currently am) but would be accepting trades to my address in the states. Is this allowed? All it should mean is that the shipping will take a little longer from my end.

As long as you notate that in your listing, you're good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
douglasfir wrote:
Just wanted to check on one of the rules:
d10-7 Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason

I have some Star Trek plastic models,
Lego sets
That I would like to throw into the trade.

Looking at the criteria above I would say these would be allowed since they are similar culture.

2nd opinion anyone?

I know in past trades we use to have more non game items but I would consider related and appropriate.

examples: books, DVD's, toys (I got a Star trek tricoder and also traded away star wars micromachine a couple of years ago.

Yep, you're good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I click the button "Add this to Geeklist" it redirects me to a page that says "invalid action". Did I miss something, any ideas why I can't add items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12thManStanding wrote:
When I click the button "Add this to Geeklist" it redirects me to a page that says "invalid action". Did I miss something, any ideas why I can't add items?

It's a well known bug for which there is no fix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
12thManStanding wrote:

It's a well known bug for which there is no fix

It sounds like I am out of luck and there is no way to participate in the trade, is that correct? cry

I didn't have this problem when submitting items back in October...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Allen
United States
Streamwood
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
jrallen7 wrote:

Boy howdy, I am going to make your day.

Go to the OLWLG, and find this trade.

Click on this icon, underneath the trade title:

This will open up a list of everything you have listed as "for trade" on BGG (as of your last sync).

From the drop down menu, select the January trade, click submit.

Then just click "add to geeklist" for each item you want to add. The descriptions for each item from that particular geeklist will be duplicated exactly and automatically filled in. Just pick your image (if the image isn't accurate), subscribe to the item, and click submit!

NOTE: If you put all your relevant information into your "Trade Condition" field for your items that are "for trade", that is what will automatically populate the entry on that default page for the box icon. So, with a little homework, you don't even have to go back to previous math trades. I personally only use old math trade entries for my "pick X small games" and "pick X promo" lots.

Thanks! Worked like a charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.