Hide
12 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: Foam Core - All Kickstart add-ons - All cards sleeved rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Notelteirs
msg tools
This copy includes the base game and every single Kickstarter add-ons.

Iit does exclude cardboard tokens for the tokens replaced with plastic tokens and all the Arcadia Quest hero cards which I store in the Arcadia Quest box.

All cards are sleeved (Dragon Shield Clear)

This design would work well with less add-ons although the monster dice bags are necessary in this design to keep the dice sorted. A simple foam core tray instead could be build to sort the dice instead.

On top the rules (with the XP tracker between the pages) and the large dungeon tile.

Like you can see, this box is chock full of stuff. It was a challenge fitting everything in there. I almost considered storing the here miniatures somewhere else but glad I managed to fit everything in.

Unfortunately I had to compromise in two places where I had to resort to plastic zip-lock baggies instead of foam core trays I usually prefer

Below the monster dice bags you can find the heroes. I had to put them in tow zip-lock bags.

Technically this isn't necessary (you could just throw them in the compartment) but I felt the bags were necessary to protect the cotton dice bags and the components underneath.

Below the tray with coins you can find the Treasure cards (both normal and co-op) and the Evil Cards. The stack beside it are all the Hero Cards.

Underneath the Hero Miniatures you can find the stack with player aids.

The other compromise are the player components (dice, health marker, XP tracker, and hero base)

I could have fitted them all in a single foam core tray unsorted but that would have reduced set up time. Now each player just needs to take a bag and have most the stuff they need. Less pretty but more efficient.

The small dungeon tiles are two stacks right next to each other (sorted per level with the special tiles on level 1)

You can also notice the tray I made for the pet dice and Time Tracker. Hardly necessary but I had to put them somewhere and it was the only space I had left.

Below the baggies with player components you can find all the treasure chests and the Boss Tokens.

I doubt I would need that many treasure chests during gameplay but I had them so I put them in the box.

Next an overview.

You can see the Medium Dungeon Tiles below the Hero Boards. This compartment is as wide as the width of the Hero Boards. Meaning a bit less wide than the Medium Dungeon Tiles. Which is a good thing because it makes it easy to remove the Dungeon Tiles with your finger.

This design isn't perfect but I doubt anyone could make it more space efficient with sleeved cards. Yeah, you don't really need to sleeve the Hero Cards at all. But something just feels wrong having only some cards sleeved and some not. Besides you would want to shuffle the hero cards if you want to select heroes at random (or like in Arcadia Quest).

It also would be possible to make a design without some of the outer foam core walls or the bottom. But I can't stress enough how dense this box is. I fear for the structural integrity of the foam core and the box without the use of the bottom plate and outer walls.

And before anyone asks, no I don't have plans. Just do what I do, measure stuff using the components. All I remember is that I left 4 mm empty space on top to store the rules and Large Dungeon Tile.

This design took about $2.50 worth of materials and 3 and a half hour to complete start to finish (including some time to let some of the glue dry) but I took my time and had to create the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so majorly impressed by this. I may have to steal your design. >> But awesome job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else extremely annoyed at CMoN for not taking the extra 30 seconds to make the XP board the same size at the large rooms for ease of storage? Seriously, it is only off by a couple mm. I'm still considering taking some scissors and trimming mine down to fit.

That aside, great job on the insert. I really like the design.

I plan on storing my miniatures separately so they can be used with Arcadia Quest without having to get out the Masmorra box. I think I might borrow your design, but use the extra space from where you have the minis to build some sort of character trays (to hold the colored dice, bases, health marker, xp token and so on). I did something similar for my AQ game, giving each of the guilds their own little tray. It makes it nice and easy for setup as you just hand each player a tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Good job!

I barely fit it all in mine and I didn't include any models or the chests.
And instead of your 3 hours, mine took three days.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice job!
mine was quite simple, I only order core box and cross kit. so I just needed to cut the black insert and create a space there for all minis; and put/glue some holders for heroes cards.

if I get the expansion and need a foamcore will copy this one or a mod version of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont like the way, you treat minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niekumaty wrote:

Me neither. I dont understand why taking so much time to make great foam core insert and everything so beautyfull, but then you throw all the minis together like ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Notelteirs
msg tools
Well I make inserts mostly to speed up gameplay and set up time. Seeing that CMON are extremely durable I think this is the best solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
Niekumaty wrote:

Me neither. I dont understand why taking so much time to make great foam core insert and everything so beautyfull, but then you throw all the minis together like ...

Uhm, maybe because unpainted PVC models are hardy and can be thrown together? I don't see how an area of sectioned off cubes will help OP in any way. Setup will be negligibly affected, tear down will be longer, and it would take more space in the box.

FWIW I've fit everything in the core box:

Core content
All stretch goals
Monsters Set
Adventurer Set
Boss Tokens
Coloured Dice Pack

...which wouldn't be possible with a compartment per mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McGregor
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, Hans good job. Designing an insert for this game has been challenging.

With that said, for folks who want to store everything and give each mini individual storage, I actually have come up with a solid design. As with my other designs, I will be posting SketchUp files and a design guide within a week or two. I'm just finishing building it now. It fits sleeved cards, all KS content, etc as well. Here are some teaser pics:

The top tray is coming and holds minis in individual slots, hero sheets, coin tray, and misc tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donat
msg tools
Hans: Did my copy of your design today! ~2h the pictures were a big help!

Only thing I changed is the part with the boss tokens. I put a little bit more foamcore into it. The boss tokens stand upright now and the surrounding walls are not too high - easy grab

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.