Subject: KD Contest Credit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
So I just browsed through the gallery of fantastic minis submitted for the KD armor kit painting contest. Mine was not among them...which is fine! I would rather not be compared to people who know what they're doing.

But I DO want the store credit for having submitted an entry, so let me ask you folks who made it into the gallery: have you already gotten the credit, or any kind of message about when or how to collect it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No messages, presumably it'll be after winners are announced. if they're super-de-duper awesome, they'll allow us to take it in PM credit, but I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
No messages, presumably it'll be after winners are announced. if they're super-de-duper awesome, they'll allow us to take it in PM credit, but I doubt it.

Yes please! PM credit would be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, feel like $10 PM credit would be nicer than $15 store credit, even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Yeah, feel like $10 PM credit would be nicer than $15 store credit, even.

The math probably doesn't support that. The conversion rate would be more likely around $1-3 in the pledge manager the have the same sort of expense as the $15 store credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you figure? Most pinups were $15 vs. $25 retail, and most expansions were 1/4-1/3 off with a few around 1/2. That's certainly no the same as your 80-90% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Basically any PM credit would be nicer then store credit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
How do you figure? Most pinups were $15 vs. $25 retail, and most expansions were 1/4-1/3 off with a few around 1/2. That's certainly no the same as your 80-90% off.

These numbers are made up but will give an idea. Lets say a $25 pinup cost Adam $7. If someone buys one in the PM for $15 completely cover by a $15 credit Adam loses $7. If someone buys one in the store for $25 with the credit it's down to $10 meaning Adam gains $3. That means to have the same gain through the pledge manager the max credit would be $5.

That's if you ignore the reality of this sort of credit. In the PM people will most likely spend the $15 and be done. In the store people are far more likely to add a second $25 mini to the first. Since you're already paying shipping you might as well, right? If you buy the second one right now it's basically $10 off (or whatever your shipping costs works out to) since if you buy it later you'd have to pay the shipping again. Not every one will do that, probably not even most people, but enough will that would greatly effect the difference between the store cost to Adam and what the PM cost would be.

And those numbers are using pinups, which I suspect are Adam's Highest margin items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
So I just browsed through the gallery of fantastic minis submitted for the KD armor kit painting contest. Mine was not among them...which is fine! I would rather not be compared to people who know what they're doing.

Send them an email- My submission is in the gallery twice... It is probably just an error on their end. I was under the impression they wanted to include all of the entries. The variety/creativity in the contest is great to see, and I love that it is drawing people into the hobby... everyone needs to start somewhere. Don't be shy about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.