Subject: Finally Painted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I split them up into different colours to represent different crews attending the fire.
First time painting figures for a board game. Really enjoyed it..... now I just have to get good at painting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Newman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow, these are FANTASTIC!

thumbsup

I'm tempted to paint my set. Did you use the standard model paint or something different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lefty Writer wrote:
Wow, these are FANTASTIC!

thumbsup

I'm tempted to paint my set. Did you use the standard model paint or something different?

Thanks for that. Pretty happy with them. To be fair they aren't highly detailed so I assume they are an easy miniature to paint.

I used Citadel Paints for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bishop I briefly saw the flag on your avatar, and was about to ask whether you'd do a set for payment, but then realized you are on the wrong side of the Tasman (or perhaps I am)! I just don't have time..

Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClericID wrote:
now I just have to get good at painting.
Let me pass on a bit of "wisdom" a good friend of mine gave me a couple decades ago about miniatures painting:

All you ever see on any miniature you paint is what went wrong. Since you're not aware of that looking at other people's work, most other people seem to be better painters than you are. Keep in mind that they're looking at your work the same way.

Obviously, as you paint more miniatures, your skill should improve, but there isn't anything wrong with these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BozemanPhil wrote:
ClericID wrote:
now I just have to get good at painting.
Let me pass on a bit of "wisdom" a good friend of mine gave me a couple decades ago about miniatures painting:

All you ever see on any miniature you paint is what went wrong. Since you're not aware of that looking at other people's work, most other people seem to be better painters than you are. Keep in mind that they're looking at your work the same way.

Obviously, as you paint more miniatures, your skill should improve, but there isn't anything wrong with these!

That's really true. I definitely look at them and think that. That's really good advise, thank you.
I didn't mean in my OP that I wasn't happy with the results or that the figures weren't good - because I am happy with them. Just that now I've lifted the lid on painting for the first time I know I've got a lot to learn to progress to harder models........ quite daunting really. Been looking in the painting forum....... sigh..... a LOT to learn - which is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.