Popular Tags: [View All]
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my initial foray into GW miniatures and I'm very excited about the possibilities but I'm unsure of what sort of accessories might be out there. One of the things that I've enjoyed exploring were all the ways in which people used colors to note what positions their players were playing. I'd like to do something similar but I'm hoping to find a way to swap positions without making a position exclusive to particular model.

In essence, would someone know if there is a product that I can use that would fit/clip onto the base of these minis and allow for color coding? I'm thinking along the lines of these other items:

Talisman custom color stands
Miniature ID Rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Talisman stands look cool. Some people number their bases, but if you're not doing that, these things could work for you.

People also use them to quickly distinguish what character has a skill--if one of your Black Orcs has block, mark him! Loom bands are often used for this, just draped on the mini someplace. I'm not a fan of that, so I use these:

http://www.aleatools.com/Default.asp

They're only available for 25mm bases, though, not the new 32mm ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
They're only available for 25mm bases, though, not the new 32mm ones.

I have the same problem with new BB. How to mark player skills on those 32 mm bases? I find it unattractive to use plastic parts of bottle tops as it was before. People spent hours on painting minis and then put ugly plastic on top. On 32 mm it is even worse, because the plastic stays ON the miniature (on head, on arm, etc.). It just doesn't fit.

I'm still looking an elegant way to mark players skill for new BB edition. Any ideas?

Here's an example of skill rings I don't like (minis of old edition size):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy a set of 32mm bases, paint them in the appropriate colours, then attach them under the bases of the models with some putty or weak glue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to try putting magnets under my bases, then painting 1.25" washers and sticking them under the bases when needed. If I do it soon, I'll post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Marion
Canada
Surrey
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe its just me as I do come from more of a miniatures background but I do not like the idea of colour bases or coloured rings around the bases.
To me it takes away from the visual appeal of a nicely painted model/team.
I had this problem when I played 40k or Warmachine, though slightly different, when people would paint their models and then not base them at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
I'm going to try putting magnets under my bases, then painting 1.25" washers and sticking them under the bases when needed. If I do it soon, I'll post!

Would love to see what you'd come up with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.