Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: So Expansions this month? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is February, the end of Q1 2017. Will we be seeing one or both of the expansions this month or will one or both be delayed until June or something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
It is February, the end of Q1 2017. Will we be seeing one or both of the expansions this month or will one or both be delayed until June or something?


Q1 goes till the end of march i believe, but it would be awesome if they came out in feb for my birthday.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 12 threads about this already.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We've completed one month of the year. A quarter is three months. We're only about a third of the way through Q1.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Marinealver wrote:
... or will one or both be delayed until June or something?

haha: June. Nice. Good one. Made me laugh. But then, the base game was GenCon 2016 (uh huh, kinda) and the Cardassian expansion said "Available Now" on the flyer IN THE BOX. Then someone said maybe December and I laughed then too because that was crazy talk, and then suddenly it was January, and then I cried a little, and so yeah, June is crazy talk, right? - my money is on a GenCon 2017 release (limited copies) with wider distribution in October.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
There are 12 threads about this already.


Does that number include this one?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
guthmundur wrote:
Marinealver wrote:
... or will one or both be delayed until June or something?

haha: June. Nice. Good one. Made me laugh. But then, the base game was GenCon 2016 (uh huh, kinda) and the Cardassian expansion said "Available Now" on the flyer IN THE BOX. Then someone said maybe December and I laughed then too because that was crazy talk, and then suddenly it was January, and then I cried a little, and so yeah, June is crazy talk, right? - my money is on a GenCon 2017 release (limited copies) with wider distribution in October.

I would argue with you, but you're not wrong.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all GF9 is doing is hurting the game by not coming out and saying when exactly it'll get released. It's pissing off the base.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kkortekaas wrote:
It's pissing off the base.


Who will promptly buy both expansions as soon as they come out and eventually forget about the delay. I know I will.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
LocutusZero wrote:
There are 12 threads about this already.


Does that number include this one?
Ha, I thought I was being hyperbolic, but, counting this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1673029/release-date-ascend...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1699891/cardassian-expansio...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1705181/has-anyone-heard-an...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1710853/my-flgs-says-he-exp...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1719575/so-expansions-month
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1710408/release-update-gf9-...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1710409/release-update-gf9-...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1669992/release-estimate
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660352/release-time
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1670377/do-we-know-know-whe...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1681267/expansions-delayed
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1651041/october-dreams-expa...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
cheng wrote:
kkortekaas wrote:
It's pissing off the base.


Who will promptly buy both expansions as soon as they come out and eventually forget about the delay. I know I will.


I already pre-ordered both :)

But, I agree the lack of communication is hurting the game...hopefully they will post some news soon - even if it's just "we are working hard but we don't have a definitive date yet".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
I predict 4 new threads before the expansions are released. People just do not seem to be able to read...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Revie

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From GF9. they don't think the delay hurts

"expansions just being finished and on the warter, as for no momentum i find that confusing as its selling out and reorders coming in fast plus been nominated for quite a few awards."
Chat Conversation End
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rrevie wrote:
From GF9. they don't think the delay hurts

"expansions just being finished and on the warter, as for no momentum i find that confusing as its selling out and reorders coming in fast plus been nominated for quite a few awards."
Chat Conversation End


I also talked to them recently, they just said they were coming out "soon, but not as soon as we'd like."

From their point of view the delay probably doesn't matter that much. BGG's sort of a weird little bubble. We take games super seriously. (We're not necessarily good at them at all, but we take them seriously.) I think the view that ST:A needs a 4th player to be good/balanced/fun/playable probably has more traction here than it does in the world at large.

To anyone who isn't following the expansions closely, it's not like they're taking forever to come out. ST:A's only been out for a couple months, in the broader context of games these are still coming out very close to the launch of the game.

They definitely screwed up by announcing they would be out a couple months ago and then neither releasing them nor communicating about the delay, but I doubt it did that much damage. They could have gotten more out of their week on the BGG hotness, I guess, but they're planning on selling this game for several years. I don't think their rough launch is that big a deal in the long term.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about us being in a bubble and a company's "mistakes" not being as damning as we'd like to pretend they are.

I HAVE been to two game cons where I would have loved to play this four player, though. Probably doesn't effect GF9's bottom line, but I want to spread the word about how fun and cool this game is, and it's harder to do if there's only one slot available for newbies after my wife and I.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
They definitely screwed up by announcing they would be out a couple months ago and then neither releasing them nor communicating about the delay, but I doubt it did that much damage.


If you have people that pre-paid for the expansions, or bought into the base game wanting to hear why the expansions have been delayed, that is a reasonable demand.

The lack of communication sends the message that GF9 doesn't care for the customers who have paid for the product.

It's just bad business and there is no excuse for it.

I'm sure GF9 does care for the customers, but the optics are bad. You have to manage perception as well as run an efficient business.

They are doing a bad job at both. They are not managing their business well when it comes to delivering a product on time, nor are they communicating with their customers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
brisingre wrote:
They definitely screwed up by announcing they would be out a couple months ago and then neither releasing them nor communicating about the delay, but I doubt it did that much damage.


If you have people that pre-paid for the expansions, or bought into the base game wanting to hear why the expansions have been delayed, that is a reasonable demand.

The lack of communication sends the message that GF9 doesn't care for the customers who have paid for the product.

It's just bad business and there is no excuse for it.

I'm sure GF9 does care for the customers, but the optics are bad. You have to manage perception as well as run an efficient business.

They are doing a bad job at both. They are not managing their business well when it comes to delivering a product on time, nor are they communicating with their customers.


You're not wrong, but I don't think annoying preorderers will affect GF9 too much in the long term. All will be forgiven when they come out, probably.

I agree that there's no good reason they couldn't tell us something tho.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
I agree about us being in a bubble and a company's "mistakes" not being as damning as we'd like to pretend they are.

I HAVE been to two game cons where I would have loved to play this four player, though. Probably doesn't effect GF9's bottom line, but I want to spread the word about how fun and cool this game is, and it's harder to do if there's only one slot available for newbies after my wife and I.


i had this same problem so i did the gentlemanly thing and i sat out and coached rules for 3 new players, and enjoyed the show.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Provisor

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmb
I asked them earlier if they had shipped, here is exactly what they said "we have not had confirmation which is never good but we are looking into our options of airfreight as we want these in market asap"
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MATTPROV3 wrote:
"we are looking into our options of airfreight as we want these in market asap"


I would be shocked if they spent extra money on air freight to get them here a few weeks sooner. That's just bad business.

Having said that, if you have less than a container full of goods and they are not already packed for sea shipment, it may be cost effective (says the guy who imports stuff as part of his business).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
given the nr of delays up to now, GF9 has its reputation on the line so airfreight sounds reasonable to get it faster to have something to show for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
I would be very curious for the reason of the delays. Also really want my Cardassians.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if they will be more careful to be punctual with the Tholian expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
I wonder if they will be more careful to be punctual with the Tholian expansion.


Don't worry, the Tholians are renowned for their punctuality.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Broadstorm wrote:
I wonder if they will be more careful to be punctual with the Tholian expansion.


Don't worry, the Tholians are renowned for their punctuality.


Yes, and they are intolerant of those who delay them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.