Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ! I was motivated by other person inquiry about the existence of a pick-up and deliver expansion/variant for Carcassonne. So I worked and tested some ideas, ending with this variant below that, in my opinion, have great potencial! I hope to edit and upload a good file with this rules soon, but midtime I want to shared it here, to maybe receive some great comments from you, that could help me to make the final version better.

PICK-UP AND DELIVER VARIANT for classic Carcassonne

INTRODUCTION

The intention of this unofficial variant is just to add this great mechanic/feeling to the game, bringing a fresh tile placing criter (more expanding structures relevance), introducing four generic types of resources (one per each known structure) and a new outer-map follower faction (the delivery-men).

I really hope that you enjoy and appreciate the new play/scoring strategy and follower/tile administration that this little addition can offer.

- Ariel Claure -

COMPONENTS

This variant needs 6 orange, 9 brown, 12 white and 15 green wooden cubes, to represent the resources from cloisters, cities, roads and farms respectively.

RULES

- RESOURCING:

When a player place a tile creating new structures (not connected to older ones), a respective cube must be placed on each of them.

If there weren't enough cubes in the reserve to cover this, the active player will decide on which structures place the available ones.

- PICKING-UP:

When a player place a tile expanding older structures (not creating or closing them), he may take one of the respective cubes there.

The presence/absence of followers and the distance between the resource and the tile expanding its structure doesn't matters.

If the player is expanding more of one structure (so having access to multiple cubes), he must choose only one to take, never more.

Also, in order to do this, he must have an available follower in his reserve without the same cube type already assigned to him.

Note: Remember, when a player close a structure with resources in it (so nobody could expanding it anymore), you can't take them! You must return them to the resource reserve. So, try to be aware or take advantage of this.

- DELIVERY-MEN:

Once take it, the player must assign the cube to one of his followers in hand, turning him in a delivery-man (if he wasn't already one).

Each delivery-man can carry up to 4 resource cubes, but they must be of different types, never duplicated.

A player can have multiple delivery-men, but he'll cannot use them as normal followers for a tile placement until they deliver their cargo.

- DELIVERING:

At the very beginning of his turn, a player can decide to deliver (discard) all the cubes from one delivery-man to the resource reserve, never more of one per turn.

This will give him points depending the number of cubes the delivery-man has had and discarded (1 cube = 1 point, 2 cubes = 3 points, 3 cubes = 6 points and 4 cubes = 10 points).

Because this always happens before the tile placing step, that follower could be played as a normal one on the tile of the same turn. But then, a just collected resource couldn't be delivered until a next round.

ENDGAME:

At the end of the game, any cube not delivered will give no points, so try to manage well this new interconnected mechanics.

VARIANTS OVER VARIANTS

#1 To a fast beginning, place the brown, white and 2 green resources on the start tile (as if these structures were new).

#2 To make orange resources easy, when a new cloister enters, place on it 2 orange cubes instead of the regular 1.

#3 To OP the resource's value, get points equal to the delivered cubes but squared (1 cube = 1 point, 2 cubes = 4 points, 3 cubes = 9 points and 4 cubes = 16 points).

That's it! I'll be presto to any feedback. Thanks in advance for your attention and hope you enjoy it thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the file is already available here:

English: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143309/pick-and-deliv...

Spanish: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143310/variante-los-r...

Enjoy !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.