Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between this and one night ultimate werewolf? What does daybreak add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak is a totally different set of characters with different abilities.
Either game can be played alone, or they can be combined to mix and match roles between them.
Daybreak alone has some roles that are weird and complicated. If you only got one, I'd go with the original, but Daybreak as an expansion works well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Different roles, including no villagers, so everyone can be unique.
You can see the roles in the app. Basically more variety for your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Daybreak is a totally different set of characters with different abilities.
Either game can be played alone, or they can be combined to mix and match roles between them.
Daybreak alone has some roles that are weird and complicated. If you only got one, I'd go with the original, but Daybreak as an expansion works well enough.

So, not owning any of them, I should pick up the original first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt get the original first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak just overall provides a much more complex gaming experience than the original.

Daybreak should not be used as an introduction into this series, but as a way to add diversity to the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Mmm. It's a bit disingenuous to sell it as a standalone rather than an expansion, really. I mean, OK, strictly speaking you could, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Mmm. It's a bit disingenuous to sell it as a standalone rather than an expansion, really. I mean, OK, strictly speaking you could, but...
It's a standalone expansion. That's exactly what it is. People recommend you play one before the other, that's all. Heck, if someone could only buy one and then magically would never be able to buy the other, I'd tell them to buy Daybreak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Hmm. I find it hard to imagine a ONU game with just Daybreak cards working anything like as smoothly as, say, a Dominion game using just Intrigue cards. And even then, they've just reclassified Intrigue as an expansion not a standalone.

I'd certainly choose just Werewolf over just Daybreak if I couldn't mix and match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.