Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Lovecraft Letter» Forums » General

Subject: Released? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When will this be available for purchase?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
ElblÄ…g
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be released probably in July this year.

Source: https://www.alderac.com/lovecraftletter/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Narzynski
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
da pyrate wrote:
When will this be available for purchase?


We're targeting mid-July for release. Let your retailer know that you're interested so they have a copy on pre-order for you!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it listed online now... Why is it close to $30 Canadian when the other Love Letter games are more like $8?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
I see it listed online now... Why is it close to $30 Canadian when the other Love Letter games are more like $8?


Isn't this version closer to Love Letter Premium than to the early small box versions of Love Letter?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
danaolson wrote:
I see it listed online now... Why is it close to $30 Canadian when the other Love Letter games are more like $8?


Isn't this version closer to Love Letter Premium than to the early small box versions of Love Letter?


If so, I guess that would explain it.

Will there be a normal version? I like Love Letter and all, but not that much.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems quite a bit more elaborate than Love Letter. It looks like the deck will have 25 cards, with 17 unique cards (versus 16 cards, with 8 unique cards, in Love Letter). The packet also contains 18 tokens and 40 sleeves.

From reading the rules, it seems that the multi-round play is a lot more important than in Love Letter or Lost Legacy (where it was basically optional), meaning that the tokens are rather important.

You can see the rules here: https://www.alderac.com/images/2016/12/lovecraft_letter_rule...

Is it worth $30? I don't know yet, but I'm going to find out...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Bongiu
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
Aging One wrote:
danaolson wrote:
I see it listed online now... Why is it close to $30 Canadian when the other Love Letter games are more like $8?


Isn't this version closer to Love Letter Premium than to the early small box versions of Love Letter?


If so, I guess that would explain it.

Will there be a normal version? I like Love Letter and all, but not that much.


There won't be a clamshell version.
It is a larger product than Love Letter that features a new mechanic and as a result we thought it would benefit from the "Love Letter Premium" treatment and as a result you have:
- more cards (25 to 16)
- custom thematic sleeves
- Poker chips to indicate the VP you have scored (sane or insane)
- a book style packaging so the game stands out in your library
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGNicolas wrote:
danaolson wrote:
Aging One wrote:
danaolson wrote:
I see it listed online now... Why is it close to $30 Canadian when the other Love Letter games are more like $8?


Isn't this version closer to Love Letter Premium than to the early small box versions of Love Letter?


If so, I guess that would explain it.

Will there be a normal version? I like Love Letter and all, but not that much.


There won't be a clamshell version.
It is a larger product than Love Letter that features a new mechanic and as a result we thought it would benefit from the "Love Letter Premium" treatment and as a result you have:
- more cards (25 to 16)
- custom thematic sleeves
- Poker chips to indicate the VP you have scored (sane or insane)
- a book style packaging so the game stands out in your library


Thanks for the reply. I'll check out reviews/gameplay to see the new mechanic in action, as that will be the deciding factor for me. I barely ever play Love Letter because there's not much to it, but I think it's a good base to build on as it sounds like may have been done here. Plus, Lovecraft!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Bongiu
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out reviews/gameplay to see the new mechanic in action, as that will be the deciding factor for me. I barely ever play Love Letter because there's not much to it, but I think it's a good base to build on as it sounds like may have been done here. Plus, Lovecraft!


It definitely changes the way the game is played, especially if you decide to go full bore on the insanity and push your luck.
We will have a couple videos at least showcasing the game and articles about the mechanic before the release of the product
Yay Lovecraft
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.