BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Anyone tried IKEA VALJE boxes to store board games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm running out of space for board games and have to look into a solution to get them off the floor and into a closet.

I have a few solutions:
IKEA KALLAX - I think it's not aesthetically pleasing, the sides are too thick
Build my own closet - I doubt if I have enough knowledge to actually make something nice, but I guess with enough time, I can figure it out.
IKEA VALJE - A pretty new (for me) closet system by IKEA, with different sizes and dimensions.

I'm hoping someone has already purchased the VALJE-boxes and uses them for board games, as they are nice and thin on the edges, but still look sturdy enough to carry some board games. I could imagine putting them on the floor (2*4 boxes) or hang them on the wall, not sure about that yet.

The dimensions are 35cm high, 35cm wide and 30cm deep. This would mean most of the standard boxes would fit (I think they're 29*29cm or something) without sticking out too much.

The problem is that I can't find the inner-dimensions of the closet. If the edges take a lot of space, it'd mean it wouldn't fit an average gamebox, and then I'm not interested.

I hope someone has bought them and tried them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this, IKEA VALJE and all my games fit on it fine. Of note, I left the back and legs off.

I'm at work and don't get home for some time otherwise I'd post a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.