Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [iOS] Castles of Mad King Ludwig $6.99 --->$2.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CoMKL is on sale for $2.99 down from $6.99 at the moment on iOS. Not sure about other platforms though. This is an excellent iteration of the board game and I highly recommend it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/castles-of-mad-king-ludwig/i...
9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Pryor
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Same price on Android through the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilecast...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I don't have an iOS device, but went to Amazon and Google Play, and saw it's also on sale at both of those for $2.99.

Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Castles-of-Mad-King-Ludwig/dp/B01FY9M...
Google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilecast...
BGG: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155426/castles-mad-k...

Edit: Ha, too slow, as per usual. snore
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Dangerfield
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased...now i can finally learn the game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased! Thanks for the tip. This is one of those that would fall into 'nobody likes this but me' category with my group, which is mostly me and my spouse.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckruns624 wrote:
... This is one of those that would fall into 'nobody likes this but me' category with my group, which is mostly me and my spouse.


This made me laugh.

I hope I never find a solo game that I love but that my "group" dislikes. That could be bad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
ckruns624 wrote:
... This is one of those that would fall into 'nobody likes this but me' category with my group, which is mostly me and my spouse.


This made me laugh.

I hope I never find a solo game that I love but that my "group" dislikes. That could be bad.


I tend to buy games that have a solo option in case this happens.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Icarus599 wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
ckruns624 wrote:
... This is one of those that would fall into 'nobody likes this but me' category with my group, which is mostly me and my spouse.


This made me laugh.

I hope I never find a solo game that I love but that my "group" dislikes. That could be bad.


I tend to buy games that have a solo option in case this happens.




I'm the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've wanted to try this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this - the wife and I were talking about trying this game, and $3 is a better entry level than $45-50.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I've heard good things about the app. Now I can train for the next time we play this game in my group
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DylanP wrote:
Thanks for this - the wife and I were talking about trying this game, and $3 is a better entry level than $45-50.

Same here.

Not to mention, the electronic version:
- Let's me play against up to 3 AI opponents;
- Let's my wife & I play against each other (pass 'n' play) and up to 2 AI opponents;
- Enforces all the game's rules;
- Faster gameplay without having to physically move the items;
- Can save a game and continue it later.

With all those benefits, it almost feels immoral for the electronic version to be < 10% of the physical game. But thank you, world!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've had the game sitting unopened on a shelf for awhile but haven't bothered to learn the rules. Think I will pick this up and see how it plays! Good way to demo the game without opening it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CoMKL was on my wish list so I got the app a few weeks ago. My 8yo played it and loved it so I got the physical game and it is the new family favorite. Only downside with the app is it does not have the expansion. Setup is MUCH better though. It is such a pain with the physical version that we got a custom insert.

On a related note, the Suburbia app is also on sale for $2.99 but CoMKL is better.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.