Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Churchill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bot Question: intent is to hold on to highest value+attribute card. Exceptions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Just some quick questions about bots and holding onto cards.
The intent of the bot(s) is to hold onto the highest value+attribute card.
Is this a binding rule or is it as I am assuming, merely the "intent", so if other/later conditions apply like Stalin playing on the atomic issue, or Churchill on the global?
Does this include leaders?
Would a debate option preclude holding onto the "highest card"?

Think I am playing it correctly but want to make sure.
If the high card is played, then I am also assuming that the intent would be to hold onto the next remaining high card.

Thanks for any help or clarication in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the bots is that the highest Attribute + Value is not including the leaders. If for any reason you may lose the current highest attribute + value, go for the next one.

For debates, I'd not use the card that gives the highest value + attribute, but you could randomize that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
My understanding of the bots is that the highest Attribute + Value is not including the leaders. If for any reason you may lose the current highest attribute + value, go for the next one.

For debates, I'd not use the card that gives the highest value + attribute, but you could randomize that.

So for example with the Stalin bot, where one is directed to debate issues just played if it will move that issue onto the Soviet track. Say your high staff card is the only one that can achieve that, then play the high card and the "intent" is then to hold on to the next highest card in future rounds?
Makes sense.
But if there is a 3 strength, a 4 strength, and a 5 strength that could move the issue onto the Soviet track(remembering the nyet bonus of course), then what? Choose the lowest strength(this does follow holding the strongest staff card), the highest, or as you suggest, randomize?

Bot leaders then only are played on their specific conditions listed under their name or to debate other leaders and staff cards are used for everything else? What if Stalin is the only card that could in a debate move the issue(not neccessarily one he would normally get played on per his bot conditions) to the soviet track? Would he get used then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
jamuki wrote:

So for example with the Stalin bot, where one is directed to debate issues just played if it will move that issue onto the Soviet track. Say your high staff card is the only one that can achieve that, then play the high card and the "intent" is then to hold on to the next highest card in future rounds?
Makes sense.
But if there is a 3 strength, a 4 strength, and a 5 strength that could move the issue onto the Soviet track(remembering the nyet bonus of course), then what? Choose the lowest strength(this does follow holding the strongest staff card), the highest, or as you suggest, randomize?

I'd probably use the lowest one.

Quote:

Bot leaders then only are played on their specific conditions listed under their name or to debate other leaders and staff cards are used for everything else? What if Stalin is the only card that could in a debate move the issue(not neccessarily one he would normally get played on per his bot conditions) to the soviet track? Would he get used then?

I usually reserve the leaders to handle their specific issue or debate another leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.