Subject: Rancor arms!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Denny
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, so how in the Hoth did you guys get the arms of the Rancor inside its torso?? I can get the right arm like maybe 60% in, and the left arm barely in at all. Is there some sort of issue with the Rancor figure? Or perhaps some model-building secret I don't know about since I don't build models? Are some sort of special tools required? Or am I the only person having this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are pretty tight, so some force is required.

I guess keeping the torso and arms in hot water for 5 minutes should help, it helped with the legs - they fit into the base much better after that.

If it isn't enough, then just file or shave off from the arms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
denn2842 wrote:
Ok, so how in the Hoth did you guys get the arms of the Rancor inside its torso?? I can get the right arm like maybe 60% in, and the left arm barely in at all. Is there some sort of issue with the Rancor figure? Or perhaps some model-building secret I don't know about since I don't build models? Are some sort of special tools required? Or am I the only person having this problem?

Very hot water on both parts help. It makes them a little more pliable to make it easy to insert. Once they cool down it will lock them in pretty securely.

A hair dryer on the locally works as well if you do not want to submerge them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Denny
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, submerging the parts in hot water seemed to have worked. I had to do it twice, perhaps the water wasn't hot enough. Thanks for the advice. I've never had to do anything like that before, but like I said, I'm not really knowledgeable about that sort of thing. May the force be with you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.