Subject: Ghost or Ghoul? Why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Trying to decide between Ghost and Ghoul. If you would have to choose between the two which one would you take? Why?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boyers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, the (not finalized) rules for both are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8xlQYyEm7zMcFVNSWRfdDhMc0...

I don't know much about the roles other than Ghoul is combat oriented and Ghost is "possession" oriented.

This note about the Ghost by Woelf is probably relevant.

Woelf wrote:
Note that this is an advanced role that should not be used by players that are new to the game. It is best with an experienced group and by a player that is already familiar with all of the other roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghoul sounds like more of an actual standalone role. Ghost (as Adam pointed out above) is kind of a mix of all the other roles, so you have to know how to play all the other roles in order to play the ghost well. That will be so far down the road for me and the people I might play with, so I'd definitely get the ghoul and leave the ghost for later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I thing the ghost sounds more innovative while the ghoul is more of a regular character. So I'd go for the ghost over the ghoul. But then I ordered both anyways ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. With this info I think I'll go for Ghoul.

Has there been any word if the Ghost (and the Unicorn) can be ordered later?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
Has there been any word if the Ghost (and the Unicorn) can be ordered later?
The addons and miniatures are not exclusive to Kickstarter, so they'll be available later on in some way or another. Ideally in full retail or through online stores, but at the very least they'll be available directly from the Leder Games website.

I have no clue on the time frame for when that will happen, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be suffering from a mild case of fear of missing out, but I just picked the full add-on bundle. It's sometimes a hassle to get stuff afterward from retail, especially at reasonable prices.

That said, I like the Ghost slightly more because of the art and theme. Seeking freedom is a better fit for me than just killing everyone.

EDIT: Logistically the bundle is a much better deal than separate add-ons later, because of the shipping costs. $12 now + $12 and shipping later brings the price very close to the $30 + no extra shipping of the bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Ghoul looks easiest to figure out.

The Ghost seems to have a more interesting game space, as everyone has said, the player needs to understand the entire game.

The Unicorn is pretty fun and not that hard to pick up. It's probably my favorite of the three at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have particularly enjoying the Cave Ghost in my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
The cave ghost is my current favorite role partially due to her being very pretty and partially due to her very much fitting into the mind game style I like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.