Subject: Co-op variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Swearingen
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I think it be amazing to have a co-op variant. Granted this may not be feasible at the current cost I understand miniatures can be pricey but possibly a big monster type cube such as Cthulhu, big foot, or a large demon of some sort. With some type of small minions the minions could really be cardboard tokens that need to be tumbled on or jumped on or slid off into a pit. Where they could not jump on or tumble on the players they could push them into a pit. In order to defeat the boss players must jump on the boss and he have a set amount of hit points in order to defeat them. The boss could realistically be card driven or have set movement such as moving towards players or a goal that the enemy must achieve or possibly player elimination. It be really interesting and fun to see players Lining up moves for the boss to watch him move in another direction from what the cards or objective he has is. This could create variability as well if you enjoy co-op games because you could create different boss scenarios or even different abilities that let him play similar to the other cube warriors maybe a 6 card deck that gets shuffled to tell you which way he tumbles and then he must perform the given action of his face up Side. I believe that the chaos of moving randomly in this game would create a very fun co op experience. Like I previously said this may be to pricey to include but I could see slot of enjoyment out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool idea. I guess that sort of thing depends on the cost. It is always the balance between coolness and component cost.

Just backed the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The current game will come with some co-op vs. the world scenarios but for the full co-op experience you'll have to wait for the first full expansion which will be our second game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immanuel Aquino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer if Ryan creates a full expansion of campaign instead of cramming it right now into the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kučera
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm, QuoddCthulu monster... I like the idea! There is not enough Cthulu in the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Xatrix wrote:
Hmm, QuoddCthulu monster... I like the idea! There is not enough Cthulu in the world

That may be a possibility for the expansion..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
The current game will come with some co-op vs. the world scenarios but for the full co-op experience you'll have to wait for the first full expansion which will be our second game.

It might be a bit early, but when do you plan to go ahead with the expansion ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Maybe first Quarter 2018.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.