Mykerinos» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Shire Gamers take up Excavation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Lockett
United Kingdom
Fishponds, Bristol
flag msg tools
It seemed that after our game of Fairy Tale we weren't going to get anymore gamers arriving although we still held a little hope. We used Nick's rules of Loser chooses the next game to play and that gave me the honour. I did offer the choice of a couple of games and Rich and David were sold on my description of Mykerinos - with the usual Tag Line of well it's a Ystari Game.

I ran through the rules as I was the only player to have played before.

The first Season saw a couple of Sir Brown and three Miss Blackmore Tiles. I had the only Lady Violet with David picking up the only Lord Lemon and Rich claiming the Colonel Tangerine. Both Rich and I had 3 Patrons each for the next round but David had held back four cubes to our one.

The Second Season saw everyone try to collect those patrons that they already had. David picked up two Sir Browns this round and used some sneaky passing to win a tied region over me. I acquired another Lady Violet while Sir Brown reserved me a wing of the museum between his very own wing and that of Lady Violet. David was managing to take a lot of Patrons that had points on them probably due to him having a few extra guys to use allowing him to swing a region or two.

The Third Season saw us all jump to 4 of one particular patron. I had four Lady Violet, While David moved to four Sir Browns and filled the Museum with his cubes this turn using the three he already had while Rich had four Colonel Tangerines.

The Final Season saw both me and David get to 6 of each in the patron colours we had been collecting. I had an extra four cubes to use thanks to Lady Violet which helped me win a lot of extra Patrons in the final round and probably just pushed me past Rich into second by the time we scored. I also claimed the 5 pts tile to close the gap on David before the final score. Not one of us had a set of all five patrons. A very good close game.

David 61, Mark 59, Rich 52
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.