Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brinker
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Grognards
badge
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard Mark Herman explain on his youtube video for Plan Orange that, unlike EotS, the CVs and BBs in Plan Orange were the actual ships listed on the counter and not task forces. I don't think he mentioned other ship classes and I think this is clearly not the case with the DD Farragut counter, which must be an entire squadron. I was wondering, though, if the entirety of the navy's CAs and CLs were meant to be represented by the CA and CL markers.

By chance, anyone know the answer to this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binkman wrote:
I heard Mark Herman explain on his youtube video for Plan Orange that, unlike EotS, the CVs and BBs in Plan Orange were the actual ships listed on the counter and not task forces. I don't think he mentioned other ship classes and I think this is clearly not the case with the DD Farragut counter, which must be an entire squadron. I was wondering, though, if the entirety of the navy's CAs and CLs were meant to be represented by the CA and CL markers.

By chance, anyone know the answer to this one?

As far as I know, Plan Orange has the entire USN for that period to include the mothball ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brinker
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Grognards
badge
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
As far as I know, Plan Orange has the entire USN for that period to include the mothball ships.

Hi Mark,

Does that include the Caldwell, Wickes, and Clemson class destroyers that became part of the destroyers for bases agreement?

I am really enjoying Plan Orange. I only came to the hobby and discovered EotS about a year ago, but I've played dozens of games now, both using the solo system and against online and face to face opponents. The more I play either game the more impressed I am with how well the system abstracts unit strengths into the numbers on the counters. It has inspired me to do some research into the period and I suppose I am, in a sense, trying to peek under the hoods of these counters. Thanks for taking the time to respond!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.