Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Defense Grid: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Shipping Promise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
We understand that not having locked shipping fees has been a concern for some current and some potential backers. While we work to get these locked, we want to make this pledge.

When we go to collect the shipping fees, if you are not happy, you can request a refund for any items that have not yet been delivered from your Kickstarter pledge. You will get any money, minus any Kickstarter related fees we were charged, refunded.

You will have 28 days from when the shipping fees are requested to request a refund. The refund will be processed after the game has completed manufacture and has general availability. Due to manufacturing obligations, we likely won't be able to process any refund requests before then, but if we can, we will.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fair offer. I wish more campaigns offered this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:
That's a fair offer. I wish more campaigns offered this.


In all fairness - no, its not. People are making a blind pledge and if its like 'uhm ok - it will be $200 in shipping' then you can get your money back MINUS fees. Full refund would be ok, but like this its still a blind risk.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
kilrah wrote:
quidom wrote:
That's a fair offer. I wish more campaigns offered this.


In all fairness - no, its not. People are making a blind pledge and if its like 'uhm ok - it will be $200 in shipping' then you can get your money back MINUS fees. Full refund would be ok, but like this its still a blind risk.


Sorry you feel that way

I have tried my best to be as fair, open, and transparent as possible. Yes, I will admit there is still some risk you are taking in this arrangement, but we are also trying our hardest to ensure that shipping will be as cost effective as possible for all backers.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, shipping costs should be about what you might expect from similar games with 70+ miniatures. About what you would get from a CoolMiniOrNot game, as an example. I doubt that it costs $200 (or even close to that) for shipping to pretty much anywhere.

It is in our best interest that you not only pledge for a copy of our game, but that you also receive it, are happy with the purchase, tell others they should buy it, and then back our next game in the future. If we are abusive with shipping, none of those things will go in our favor which would not be good from a business standpoint. Let alone a business that is licensing a brand from another business and has to keep them happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forgedbygeeks wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, shipping costs should be about what you might expect from similar games with 70+ miniatures. About what you would get from a CoolMiniOrNot game, as an example. I doubt that it costs $200 (or even close to that) for shipping to pretty much anywhere.


I am sure your intentions are very noble, and shipping fees will probably be less than that, but there are also import fees, additional taxes etc. that can really drive up the total costs for shipment to some countries. I once ordered 100 USD (at that time no more than 90 EUR) worth of games from a manufacturer in the US and got a whopping 125 EUR added to the amount payable. Since several costs are based on the VALUE of the goods, the uncertainty of which stretch goals will be reached (that add value) is definitely a factor here.

Your promise therefore is also a big risk for you yourself. People should simply take into account all potential costs and prepare for 'the worst' before pledging. If they do not, it is rather easy for them to back out now.

In short: I think total costs for customers to get the goods delivered to them could be surprisingly high, but since you are putting yourself in such a vulnerable position, I can only say you come across as very sincere and with the best intentions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Co1980 wrote:
forgedbygeeks wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, shipping costs should be about what you might expect from similar games with 70+ miniatures. About what you would get from a CoolMiniOrNot game, as an example. I doubt that it costs $200 (or even close to that) for shipping to pretty much anywhere.


I am sure your intentions are very noble, and shipping fees will probably be less than that, but there are also import fees, additional taxes etc. that can really drive up the total costs for shipment to some countries. I once ordered 100 USD (at that time no more than 90 EUR) worth of games from a manufacturer in the US and got a whopping 125 EUR added to the amount payable. Since several costs are based on the VALUE of the goods, the uncertainty of which stretch goals will be reached (that add value) is definitely a factor here.

Your promise therefore is also a big risk for you yourself. People should simply take into account all potential costs and prepare for 'the worst' before pledging. If they do not, it is rather easy for them to back out now.

In short: I think total costs for customers to get the goods delivered to them could be surprisingly high, but since you are putting yourself in such a vulnerable position, I can only say you come across as very sincere and with the best intentions


Ahh, you might also want to look at how we are shipping to and through warehousing in various territories to reduce or eliminate VAT charges. Those are a significant chunk of the costs you are referring to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.