Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk
Blood Rage
Car Wars
Catan
Code Names
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)
Exploding Kittens
Fluxx
Forbidden Island
Legendary: Dark City
Legendary: Villains
Love Letter
Magic: The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers
Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia
Munchkin Adventure Time
Mysterium
Mystic Vale
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Pandemic
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords Base Set
Small World Underground
Titan Race
Valley of the Kings

And while I love most of these games such as DoW and Betrayal, I need more games that have some depth.. with a target of 3-4 players. They also need short explanations as well as under 40 minute playtime.

Currently my go to has become Mysterium, but I have yet to play it with more than 3 people with the tokens.

I do like ultimate werewolf but this functions better in larger groups.

Ashes is fun and simple, but I dont like explaining the game to people with no card game experience.

Forbidden Island has been played too much that it lost its fun.

I also prefer co-op but Titan Race has been some simple fun too and the art is nice so I cannot rule out competitive.

Games Considering
Coup
-Heard it plays well with smaller numbers of people compared to Avalon
Santorini
-Love the art and looks quick and fun
??

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you are considering both Coup and Santorini, you might want to elaborate a little on what kind of depth you are looking for. Strategic depth, thematic depth, something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wigg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I would like strategic depth, but the rules are not too difficult to understand. Players might not have the best strategy the first play but it becomes clearer after you played once. Coup was perfect I just bought it at Walgreens on a whim. Still looking for a few under 40 minute games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
Based on your list, you owe it to yourself to check out Wiz-War.

Especially if you enjoy Arcaida Quest, Ashes, and MtG: Arena of the Planeswalkers.

It's about wizards in a mage dueling it out to become new arch mage of the arcane order. Some wizard tournament thing. You can play attack cards, cards that alter the game board (not permanently), and cards that boost effects or provide new ones. It's probably a bit more medium weight, as there are some sweet card synergies and combos.

You may also enjoy Seasons. It's a card game that uses dice as resource management, much like Ashes. It uses a built in draft and then 4 seasons of three years each for the game rounds. It's different enough from Ashes to warrant a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirty Chicken
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass Road is your answer. It is always the answer for a quick deep game with little explination. Explain how the 15 cards work, how the three different building types work, how therounds work, resource wheels, and how to clear your board. 2-4 players pretty much all havethe same play time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imhotep
Kingdomino
Isle of Skye
Stockpile
Kanagawa
Alhambra
Paris connection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.