Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great looking game - about to play my initial test run.

Three questions:

1. I do not see a reference of when or where the British Heavy Artillery enters the map. When does that unit enter?

2. Both my Russian 17th Division activation chits look nearly identical. Should one be yellow, the other white? Also do both 17th activation chits activate any units of the 17th Division?

3. Is it possible for a unit to be fired and/or moved again after being fired and/or moved earlier in the same turn? (For example, the Russian 10th Division has two activation chits. So activating the same units; Would that be legal?)

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdash wrote:
Great looking game - about to play my initial test run.

Three questions:

1. I do not see a reference of when or where the British Heavy Artillery enters the map. When does that unit enter?

See 10.2, "Allied Event Phase". Basically, from the third time the Russian Player pulls that chit onward, it can be used to activate any one Allied Unit-- which could be the British Heavy Arty (and in fact, this is the only way to activate the British Heavy Arty).

Quote:
2. Both my Russian 17th Division activation chits look nearly identical. Should one be yellow, the other white? Also do both 17th activation chits activate any units of the 17th Division?

One should be yellow, and one white:

Per 11.1, "Russian 17th Division Activations", the yellow chit can be used to activate any Units from the seventeenth, both the yellow and the black, while the white chit can only be used to activate the Units with the black 17 identifier, and not the units with the yellow.

Quote:
3. Is it possible for a unit to be fired and/or moved again after being fired and/or moved earlier in the same turn? (For example, the Russian 10th Division has two activation chits. So activating the same units; Would that be legal?)

Yep. The only limitation is within the phase, not within the Game Turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom.

Does the British Heavy artillery unit set-up on the map or does it enter as a Reinforcement when the event marker is drawn?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdash wrote:
Thanks Tom.

Does the British Heavy artillery unit set-up on the map or does it enter as a Reinforcement when the event marker is drawn?

Thanks.

It enters as a Reinforcement. The only units to set up on the map are those indicated in the set-up section of the rules-- so, for the Brits, just the 2nd Division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I add a fourth question?
I'm reading the rules for tomorrow's game and damn, I can't find anywhere in the rules that defines what an "Untested Allied Unit" is. Am I missing it?

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Can I add a fourth question?
I'm reading the rules for tomorrow's game and damn, I can't find anywhere in the rules that defines what an "Untested Allied Unit" is. Am I missing it?

Thanks!
Herm

Yep, just overlooking it. It's under 2.2, "The yellow Division number for Units belonging to the British 4th Division is a reminder that these Units are Untested."

The only real difference is that they have to make Rout Checks (9.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! What an idiot! My brain just did not register that. Cool - I'm looking forward to playing this. I think the unit counters are really sharp. It's really an attractive game all set up (despite what a certain individual on CSW might say).

I hope you plan on some more battles in this series - there's a ton of fresh territory in this era of military history (as you know).

Thanks again!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Herm,

Just got my copy yesterday. Thanks for asking the questions - seems like this game is not for the weak of eyesight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played another game today (with newbie John Buck) and I did a little better as the Russians .... But still lost by being Demoralized at 50+ VPS. We did get a new rule clarification from Tom -

The Low Ammo chit stays in the Allied cup even after all the Low Ammo markers are all assigned. Also, the markers are recycled if they were on an eliminated unit.

Herm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.