BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Design Queries and Problems

Subject: nanDECK image link rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Høj
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi there

I'm trying to link multiple Image Blocks (I1 and I2) to the same column in my data.xlsx file. I1 should however only apply for the first 3 cards, and I2 for the following 3 cards.

IMAGE="1-3",[Pictures].....
IMAGE="4-6",[Pictures].....

When defining the range to which the images Blocks should apply, I1 calls the correct cells (pic1.png, pic2.png and pic3.png), but when I give the range "4-6" to I2, it does only plot in card 4 to 6, but it calls (pic1.png, pic2.png and pic3.png) instead of picture 4, 5 and 6 as I need.

A
1 Pictures
2 pic1.png
3 pic2.png
4 pic3.png
5 pic4.png
6 pic5.png
7 pic6.png

Can this be done, or is it necessary to create a new column for each additional Image block I need?

Best Regards

Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard associations between labels and ranges is that the 1st card in the range is associated with the 1st card in the sequence, then in the range 4-6, card 4 (the 1st in the range) is associated with pic1.png (the 1st in the sequence).

In your case, use this script:

IMAGE="1-3",{Pictures?§}.....
IMAGE="4-6",{Pictures?§}.....

The { } are for an expression, the ? symbol take the Nth element in a sequence, and § is the number of current card, then card 4 is associated with pic4.png, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Høj
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot. Works perfect now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.