Subject: Mama, Summer Visitor, and Winter Visitor Colorblind Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruel Gaviola
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Viticulture Essential Edition last year and finally got it off my Shelf of Shame last month. What a wonderful game I've been missing!

Unfortunately, I was having trouble distinguishing the colors on the Mama cards as well as the Summer and Winter Visitor cards. With my wife's help I put together this list that explains the colors needed.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

The file page is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ruel! We try our best to make games colorblind friendly, but we've heard some people who have trouble with the difference between the blue winter visitor cards and the purple wine order cards. We've adjusted the blue icons in more recent versions, but we probably should have found a way to fit a tiny ID icon on each card icon so the color isn't needed to tell them apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thanks Ruel! We try our best to make games colorblind friendly, but we've heard some people who have trouble with the difference between the blue winter visitor cards and the purple wine order cards. We've adjusted the blue icons in more recent versions, but we probably should have found a way to fit a tiny ID icon on each card icon so the color isn't needed to tell them apart.

Jamey: how would we know whether we have the "revised" cards, and is there a way to get a new set? I also have the Moore Visitors, are those also "fixed?" Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morgan
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with a young lad a few days ago. He was 13, and this was his first ever "proper" boardgame, having only played Monopoly etc before. I was impressed how quickly he got the hang of the game, probably says something about this game's elegant design. The problem was, he was colour blind and couldn't tell the difference between the blue and purple icons. It also proved an issue when I realised he hadn't filled any purple orders and that's because the icons in the winter stage were too confusing for him to differentiate until they were pointed out specifically late game.

So yeah, if you ever get the chance Jamey, please try and figure out a solution as it was a shame that he had to struggle in this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.