The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Storage Space rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I have a questions about storage places, and the rules. I have only played the game 1 time, Era 1 only.

The rules discuss before remodeling, you must bring that worker back home at the end of the prior year. Then once the space is clear, you can remodel the building, and then place a new worker immediately if you desire. If it is a Yellow/Red, you also must feed it right away.

However, page 15 of the rules, there is an example with storage remodeling. Reading this seems to imply that you can pull the green worker back on the same turn/year you are remodeling, and then place a Yellow worker? This seems to contradict redistributing rules on page 20. Am I correct that I am reading the example on page 15 incorrectly?

If remodeling a storage place, all the good I assume have to be moved out of there, or else they are discarded?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
The remodeling restriction is only for dwellings, to change from one color of a worker to another.

You are allowed to move a worker if you are replacing a building with one which requires a different colored worker.

Note from p.15:
Quote:
The stronger versions, however, require a “better” type of Worker be employed. This in turn renders the previous Worker unemployed, so he returns to his Residence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark is correct. Firing a worker and employing another isn't an issue. Changing the type of worker when he isn't even home ... I don't know if your boss would be ok with you doing your private stuff at work. :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I think I am starting to understand and see where I read this incorrectly.

So to continue then, for Production/Sustenance/Money Buildings, its the same rule as Storage Buildings, correct? You can remodel without first pulling the worker back to its home. You do lose any goods in its Buffer, but you can remodel and place the appropriate worker from a residence in the building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Trigonomical wrote:
Thank you, I think I am starting to understand and see where I read this incorrectly.

So to continue then, for Production/Sustenance/Money Buildings, its the same rule as Storage Buildings, correct? You can remodel without first pulling the worker back to its home. You do lose any goods in its Buffer, but you can remodel and place the appropriate worker from a residence in the building?

Yes but you do not lose any resources if you employ a worker immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.