Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dr. Armitage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
maybe its a silly question - but i wondering......

We like to start tomorrow Dunwich Legacy, after we finished the first campaign last week.

Now i downloaded from FFG the decklist for the new investigators, and after building all 5 decks (we have 3 core), i wondering what's going on with Dr. Armitage, he isnt in a starter deck.

Can we use him in one deck or did he enter later based on the story.

There is no information on the front page, and during setup for first scenario there is also no hint - if we should put him by side, because he is needed maybe later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Put him aside you might see him later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have mine in front of me, but I imagine he'll show up in a later chapter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx but for future how did we identify that this type (like dr. Armitage) shouldnt be used.

For me he looks like a neutral card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
impish1234 wrote:
Thx but for future how did we identify that this type (like dr. Armitage) shouldnt be used.

You can only use level 0-5 cards, and he is none of those levels. He has a crescent where his level pips would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the set in front of me but if i recall correctly he has a different encounter set icon (the odd little symbols like the rat) which shows he belongs to a different group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah https://arkhamdb.com/find?q=Dr.+Henry+Armitage+&sort=set&vie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
impish1234 wrote:

Confused me for quite awhile too. The key clue is that he has an encounter set icon in the upper right corner - just it's one we haven't seen before and no other cards in the box match it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
impish1234 wrote:

Confused me for quite awhile too. The key clue is that he has an encounter set icon in the upper right corner - just it's one we haven't seen before and no other cards in the box match it.

Not only does Dr. Armitage have an Encounter Set icon in the upper right corner (thus marking him as not being a player card), he also has an encounter set number on the bottom of the card listed, like all encounter sets, as X/Y, where X is the number of the card in the set, and Y is the number of cards in the set. Armitage is a 1/1, of course, because he's the only card in his set (officially, his set is named Armitage's Fate), but if you look at other Encounter Sets, you'll see they have numbers like 4/7, or 2/3, etc. Player cards, meanwhile, just have one number on the bottom, showing their position among player cards in the set, instead of an X/Y listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks - now it looks clear, didnt realize the 1/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Armitage is a Story Asset. Just like Lita Chantler.

We have a video which includes all types of Asset Card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyp51oAFu-k

You can find Story Assets at 2.05 if you don’t want to watch the whole thing.

We hope you find it helpful.

The Arkham Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.