Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Hillier, first appeared on Episode 42
@overthehillier
www.overthehillier.com

1. Introduce yourself. Where are you from? What should listeners know about you?

I'm from the Dayton, Ohio area. I'm married with a son in college. My day job is an architect.

2. What games or types of games are you interested in?

I play everything once -- I'm best known for my love of co-ops and thematic games with lots of player interaction where there is a high social dynamic.

3. Do you have a favorite game or games you enjoy most?

My favorite games are Cribbage, Glory to Rome, El Grande, and Cyclades.

4. What are some of the most memorable experiences have you had with tabletop board games in the past?

I like to donate to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund and usually donate to the "play with" a podcast or someone "famous" in the community. Those events have always been a lot of fun.

5. What is the focus of your WDYPTW segment?

I started off, and continue to do Android board game app reviews. I also attend a lot of conventions and like to cover those. As an older gamer, I like to toss in some old "classic" games I think people should be playing along as the new hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, where to start with Patrick, should we start with his "Meet the Gamer" segment from Week 23 in which he actually recorded from a phone!!

Or do we give him a break and go to Week 42 where we got the first Over the Hillier App Review, of Pandemic!

Patrick has been a great friend to have around, both on the show and off. We've shared a hotel room in which we crammed together for a 5 player game of Vast: The Crystal Caverns at Gen Con last year.

Patrick has taken the Conversation Thing and turned it into his show and I absolutely love being second fiddle on it!

Thank you Patrick!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buscemi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Patrick has taken the Conversation Thing and turned it into his show and I absolutely love being second fiddle on it!

He didn't even mention the Conversation show, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Gannon
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can truly say that my boardgame adventure in life is better for having encountered Patrick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericbinnyc wrote:
Vacabck wrote:

He didn't even mention the Conversation show, lol.

haha, yup, I noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also talk with people about stuff on our "Conversation Show" every other wednesday with some other people helping me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coberly
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had some cool questions to ask, but I would just like that say that I really enjoy the Over The Hillier segments and the Conversation Things. I'm getting close to "over the hill", so it's an inspiration to keep on gaming with these "young bucks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I can truly say that of all the Patricks I know, I like this Patrick's Meet the Gamer podcasts the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Richardson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow Patrick, no love for Terraforming Mars in your favorite games section? I'm very disappointed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
akrichar wrote:
Wow Patrick, no love for Terraforming Mars in your favorite games section? I'm very disappointed...

Pretty sure I wrote this before TFM came out whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a small handful of people in the gaming media realm I consider a friend and Risely.....I mean Patrick....yes Patrick is one of them.

(Hey I coulda done the "Phil" routine but that was too easy)

Ps. Yes Mike I like u too buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.