Quodd Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Playable without painting miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the originality of this game and I backed it almost immediately. However, I fear that the game will be difficult to play without painting the miniatures (which is not something I cannot do).

When playing, you must (a) distinguish between all characters on board and (b) clearly see which side of all cubes is facing where. If everything is just gray, I fear that this will get difficult.

Can someone who already played the game please comment on this? Are there simple solutions to alleviate this potential problem, for instance a stretch goal allowing differently colors plastics for each character?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim
Belgium
Bissegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some discussion about this in the kickstarter comments. This is what the creator had to say.

Creator wrote:
Having played with unpainted 3D printed mini's at GENCON this past summer I found people didn't have much trouble. The mini's are pretty easy to tell apart and each face is easily distinguished from the others. Although I guess your vision would play a roll...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wondermentgames/quodd-h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Its definitely playable without painting them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Strengelbach in Switzerland or Örebro in Sweden
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
You also have two of each miniature - one on the board and one as a reference (so you can look on that one to plan your movement and ensure the side you´d like is up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
busdjur wrote:
You also have two of each miniature - one on the board and one as a reference (so you can look on that one to plan your movement and ensure the side you´d like is up).

Thanks for the answer Jessica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Baumann
msg tools
I had no problems to recognize the side of the figure on the video
The figures are 3D and the surfaces are different + you get 2 figures each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaganishu Khan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
busdjur wrote:

thats a nice and smart way to avoid fumbling around constantly to see all sides!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.