XenoShyft: Dreadmire» Forums » General

Subject: Game Similar to Xenoshyft? Recommend rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Binh Thach
United States
California
flag msg tools
My friends and I been a long Xenoshyft fan since the first kickstarter.
We love the sci-fi theme and the co-op tower of defense theme.

Is there any game, card-base or miniature similar to Xenoshyft: Dreadmire?

Note: I own Castle Panic, and B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss (<--Horrible game).

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd relate Shadowrift to it, it's another cooperative deck-building game with some interesting elements.
- There's no order to player actions, you can do things in any order between you on the players turn. (So I could hit a monster, you hit a monster, I buy a card, someone else hits a monster, etc).
- There's a resource you can buy which can be shared, so you can work together to help people buy certain cards (Not all of them use that resource though), or work together to build walls (Which help defend the village).
- Final point is the game has a 'town deck' - As well as your own decks, players and building up the 'town deck' for better abilities that any player can use during the player turn.

I really like it and I definitely feel it has a similar highly cooperative vibe to Xenoshyft =-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Vanguard of War. KS is closed now, but late pledge option is open.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/vanguard-of-...

Tower defense game with awesome miniatures. Haven't played it yet, but rules can be downloaded and even an PnP version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Maybe Legendary:Aliens or Predator could be considered similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to recommend Aeon's End. It's also a co-op deckbuilder with a central market and an enemy deck, but a few things make it really interesting to us:

You don't shuffle your deck when it's out - just flip over your discard pile. The cards come back in the order you played/bought them in.

Turn order is randomized with a small deck of cards, which creates tension and prevents too much quarterbacking.

Many cards are written such that the players must choose who gets hit and who gets rewards. Makes you constantly discuss the game and keeps all players involved.

Finally, the replay value is high with the bosses, who add cards to the basic enemy deck and have unique twists. One boss eats the market cards, one swarms you with weak minions, one gives you gifts that clutter your deck, one just builds up and smashes like a wave every few rounds, and more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two recommendations for you. One is a miniatures game and the other is a deck builder.

Galaxy Defenders is a miniatures co-op game with a theme similar to XenoShyft. You play agents of an elite tactical unit who is trying to repel an alien invasion. Each different agent has his own different weapons and abilities. There are about a dozen missions and you can play them standalone or as a continuing campaign. Plays 1-5 players.

Attack on Titan is a deck building game based on the Anime series. You all play characters trying to defend your city against giant creatures called titans who are attacking the city. AoT is one of the better co-op deck builders I have played. There is a movement mechanic where you have to move your character to different areas to either buy a card from that area or to fight a titan. You have to coordinate your movement so as to not have the titans break down the wall to each of the districts of the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.