Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hay
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After my actions, I have 3 cubes in Barcelona, 2 in Palma de Mallorca and 2 in Valencia. I am playing with the Yellow Fever variant and I draw Barcelona from the infection deck. How many outbreaks will occur and where will there be yellow cubes once I resolved the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic Iberia FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hay
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

Thank you, but I had read the FAQ and was unsure if I was doing this particular case correctly.

Starting out there are no other yellow cubes on the board. When I need to add one to Barcelona it outbreaks, sending a cube to Girona, Tarragona, Zaragoza, and Palma de Mallorca. Due to the Yellow Fever rule, Palma de Mallorca and Tarragona both send a cube to Valencia causing it to outbreak. This sends a cube to Tarragona (which would send another cube to Barcelona, but Barcelona has already had an outbreak) and a cube to Palma de Mallorca which outbreaks but has no connected cities that have not already had outbreaks. The Valencia outbreak also sends cubes to Cuenca, Albacete, and Alicante. The Yellow Fever rule then places a cube on Cartagena because a cube was added to Alicante.

So, I wind up with 3 outbreaks, and 3 cubes on Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, and Valencia. 2 cubes on Tarragona, and 1 cube on each of Girona, Zaragoza, Cuenca, Albacete, Alicante, and Cartagena.

Is this correct?

(Edited to add Zaragoza, which I missed the first time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.