Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

While this is just a small promo set, I really like these tiles. They can make the game quite a bit easier so some players may not like this. If you are playing with younger players (this is a family game after all), this might be a huge success.

Being able to move around the board with the teleporter is a huge boon and bonus for the players. Played correctly, it could be very over powering. The ability to trade in a curse for a treasure is a neat little wrinkle. Now, it might be a good idea to get a curse to get rid of it and get a treasure. Interesting, right?

Overall, I like this little set. It is one of my favorite of the small promos. I wouldn't over pay for the set, but at the right price this is a great addition to your Escape game!

Keeper.

Components:

The components are top notch and they match the original game perfectly. The tiles are very thick and will last a very long time. I didn't have any issues with the components at all. I think the added chit looks very cool and adds to the atmosphere for the game.

Rule Book:

The rules are very simple and printed on one page. You are getting just two tiles and the rules to play with them are very clear. No issues here.

Flow of the Game:

There are two tiles included.

1. Exchange: You can trade in a curse for a treasure. This is great value! This does make the gamer easier though.

2. Teleporter: Once getting to this tile, you get a teleporter that you can drop off on another tile and then players can move from the teleporter to the original tile. This makes move around A LOT easier.

Should I buy this game?:

These promo tiles all come down to price, right? With this set you get a couple of good tiles that are really fun to play. They both make the game a tad easier and that will appeal to those gamers that are having a hard time winning. Coupled with another promo that can even it out, this can be a darn good promo set.

Keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.