Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
Per Aspera ad Astra
badge
In Hoc Signo Vinces
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Just got the game today. Punched all the counters and so excited to play.

I do have a question though... How did you all organize your counter trays?

I put all the Germans in one and the Rusikes in the two large trays with the other random counters going in the 6 other small trays.

Is that how you all did it? I'm just trying to find the most optimal way of organizing so I spend less time hunting for counters to set up and more time playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I utilized Ones Upon A Games organizer inserts. Found in the file section. Yes, it is a little bit of a project, but to me so worth it. Didn't cost me much to get the right type of construction paper, and with a scissors and a little glue stick, PRESTO! A nicely organized unit tray which one can organize and have counters freely accessible by unit.
I placed the unit counters in these inserts which went into the larger wells, and placed markers and dice in the smaller/narrower slots.
I wound up getting all three games and organized Germans into one tray, U.S. into another, and Russians into a little over half of the third, with markers, counters and dice in all three. Two of the trays I placed in one box, the third tray in the 2nd box with rulebooks and player aids, and mapboards in the third.
I generally broke each army down into groups in the trays. Infantry units, tanks/vehicles, artillery, and air, and then had each group divided into each individual type of unit.
Again, it is a little bit of a project to do three trays(one wasn't bad at all), but it makes set up so quick and easy. More time for B.O.B. action!

Happy Gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for the tray inserts in the Screaming Eagles file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I attempted to use the trays and it was a big mess, I could use the tray insert that Erik referenced or I could do no work and ditch them for the best trays in the world (of which I already had been using for BoB and had another two in reserve): GMT counter trays.

Even with the mounted maps, I can fit two GMT trays in each box - so each side gets one. I organize the infantry by power/effectiveness, followed by the guns organized similarly, and then the vehicles in alphabetical order.

For marker chits (used/suppression/move/etc.) and dice (three 10-sided and one 6-sided) I use three cheap organizers that fit perfectly in the Texas Arrows box on top of one of the unused Worthington trays. One each for either player with the same mix of counters and a third for scenario-specific and optional stuff (artillery, fortified, flank, etc.) in addition to extra dice.

Those little organizers hold a lot and you could fit six in the new game boxes for the series on top of one of the new counter trays or on top of two GMT counter trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't use the included tray--I substituted GMT trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
Per Aspera ad Astra
badge
In Hoc Signo Vinces
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, was wondering if you all substituted trays or not. I have some extra GMT trays and I'll be using those it looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my 1st edition Ghost Panzer counters in a GMT tray, they didn't all fit. The remastered edition has MORE counters that 1st edition.

For the remastered edition, I use the Worthington tray, everything fit easily, although you have to hunt around a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Worthington trays to hold a nationality each. I had to use paper clips to pin the cover to the tray though otherwise it could easily slide off and that would be mess. As for organizing, I basically arranged the infantry squads by strength, the teams and antitank guns in another row, then the vehicles I placed on the 2 slots on the other side. I used the decoy counters as "fillers" so to make the stacks more or less tight in their slots. I used the large center spaces for status and order markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all the Germans and Americans in one Worthington tray, and Russians in another. Like freddieyu, all the units are in order of infantry strength, then WTs, Guns, Vehicles, Decoys. Cardstock stands every ten counters make it easy to pull things out without everything falling over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
I put all the Germans and Americans in one Worthington tray, and Russians in another. Like freddieyu, all the units are in order of infantry strength, then WTs, Guns, Vehicles, Decoys. Cardstock stands every ten counters make it easy to pull things out without everything falling over.
How did you make the cardstock stands? Just fold a strip of cardboard so it stands up every so often or something more involved?

I've got the same sorting system, but am still suffering from counters falling over when taking some out to play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Gravey wrote:
How did you make the cardstock stands? Just fold a strip of cardboard so it stands up every so often or something more involved?

I've got the same sorting system, but am still suffering from counters falling over when taking some out to play a game.

Look for Ones Upon a Games tray organizer in the Screaming Eagles file section. He has some simple templates for dividers. Print it off on some card stock, cut out, fold and your done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Exactly that. Just a fold every 3/4". I taped the underside of each strip to keep the folds straight-up-and-down, but that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Look for Ones Upon a Games tray organizer in the Screaming Eagles file section. He has some simple templates for dividers. Print it off on some card stock, cut out, fold and your done.
Seen those already, but I like having the big wells for the status counters and the units in the small wells.

Gravey wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Gravey wrote:

Exactly that. Just a fold every 3/4". I taped the underside of each strip to keep the folds straight-up-and-down, but that's it.
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.