Subject: Just finished the rules tonight . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Boy! I'm excited to get this one on the table. I like the changes from UBL.

A question for everyone;

The rules say you roll for each working TORP of the spread and take the highest DR. Tht seems a bit easy. I know I saw a UBL optional rule somewhere on the Geek where you factor in the TORP spread (X-1 I think?) and do one DR. I think I will adopt this same formula for GL. Anyone else do this?

I may post more thoughts later as I get into the game. Amazing when you are 50+, already married, and what now constitutes a great Friday night!

BISHOP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hear what you think. I really disliked my first two plays, but I should give it more of a chance. Please keep us updated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't say it's so easy. You may be able to hit your first target but it takes a number of torpedoes. That dud roll table is brutal. Then you've gotta factor how many torpedoes you've got left and how to fire those optimally!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Olsen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bishopse5a wrote:
I know I saw a UBL optional rule somewhere on the Geek where you factor in the TORP spread (X-1 I think?) and do one DR. I think I will adopt this same formula for GL. Anyone else do this?

Yes, in the U-Boat Leader optional rules, you get the DR bonus for each additional torpedo in a salvo, but you only role once, so all the torpedoes are taken together in a single attack. It make the torpedo attacks more 'realistic' but you may find you want more bang from your attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.