Hostage Negotiator: Abductor Pack 4» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expansion pack 4 - Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Eliason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
First of all, I'd like to say this is a great game. I only have the core game and this expansion pack, but I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it.

There are some rules specific to this expansion that aren't entirely clear, so I'm not sure if I've been playing it right.

Questions:

1) Can tactics cards be spent for conversation points?
2) Do tactics cards count against the hand limit?

3) If the last location card is discarded, how does that work?
4) If the bus is stopped and the location card is discarded by play of Detour, how does that work in terms of location.

5) If the bus is stopped and "on the move" is drawn, does "next location" mean the location currently under the bus, or is that discarded in favor of the first face down card.

6) If a location is discarded, does that automatically reveal the next location?

7) Get rid of Helicopters
says ignore -1 penalty when moving.
Is this always in effect in this abductor pack (did I miss the rule?), or does it come into effect only when/if the card is revealed?

8) Is spending a card "using it" or "buying it".

9) If it means buying the card, then...
a) Can the discard 3 cards on "field tactics be used" during the spend phase while in the desert?
b) Are you still able to draw zero point cards in the desert, during spending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Can tactics cards be spent for conversation points? YES

2) Do tactics cards count against the hand limit? YES

3) If the last location card is discarded, how does that work? There is no location card in play the rest of the game. This is rare but possible.

4) If the bus is stopped and the location card is discarded by play of Detour, how does that work in terms of location. You discard the location but do not flip over the next one.

5) If the bus is stopped and "on the move" is drawn, does "next location" mean the location currently under the bus, or is that discarded in favor of the first face down card.
Discard the current one and draw the next one.

6) If a location is discarded, does that automatically reveal the next location? No. Not unless that is specified.

7) Get rid of Helicopters
Is this always in effect in this abductor pack (did I miss the rule?), or does it come into effect only when/if the card is revealed?
What effect are you referring to? The -1 while moving is always in effect while the bus is moving.

8) Is spending a card "using it" or "buying it".
What is this in refererence to? Using it is how i would answer, it certainly is not buying it. Ok i think from below you are referring to the cost... it means discard 3 cards during the spend phase to buy the card.

9) If it means buying the card, then...
a) Can the discard 3 cards on "field tactics be used" during the spend phase while in the desert?
YES, you are not spending conversation points.
b) Are you still able to draw zero point cards in the desert, during spending?
YES you are not spending conversation points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Eliason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Impressed. Thanks for the quick response and clarifications. Very professional customer service.

"7) Get rid of Helicopters
What effect are you referring to? The -1 while moving is always in effect while the bus is moving."

Ok, got that now. It's on the bus card, missed that somehow. Thanks.

"Ok i think from below you are referring to the cost... it means discard 3 cards during the spend phase to buy the card."

Ya, that was the question. Was unclear to me if this fell under "conversation points cannot be spent". First few times through the scenario, I was under the impression that a spend also included zero point cards (which made it extremeley challenging...) Then re-read the zero cost section box. Still wanted to be certain about the details.

Thanks again,

Just got the game this weekend, I'm hooked. Very innovative design work and presentation. Engaging game, expect to get quite a bit of mileage out of this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I get this right:

Gonzalo comes with three terror cards, but the rules only say to specifically shuffle the two "He's on the move" cards into the Terror Deck. That suggests there is a random chance as to whether you'll end up shuffling in his other terror card (minor demand "refuling"), right?

Because, if you don't end up drawing that as one of his terror cards, you've got to then locate it and remove it from the remaining deck, because it wouldn't make sense for any other abductor to draw that particular minor demand terror card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
Let me see if I get this right:

Gonzalo comes with three terror cards, but the rules only say to specifically shuffle the two "He's on the move" cards into the Terror Deck. That suggests there is a random chance as to whether you'll end up shuffling in his other terror card (minor demand "refuling"), right?

Because, if you don't end up drawing that as one of his terror cards, you've got to then locate it and remove it from the remaining deck, because it wouldn't make sense for any other abductor to draw that particular minor demand terror card...

Yes. That is true of all Abductor Packs with Abductor specific Terror Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaper wrote:
Impressed. Thanks for the quick response and clarifications. Very professional customer service.

"7) Get rid of Helicopters
What effect are you referring to? The -1 while moving is always in effect while the bus is moving."

Ok, got that now. It's on the bus card, missed that somehow. Thanks.

"Ok i think from below you are referring to the cost... it means discard 3 cards during the spend phase to buy the card."

Ya, that was the question. Was unclear to me if this fell under "conversation points cannot be spent". First few times through the scenario, I was under the impression that a spend also included zero point cards (which made it extremeley challenging...) Then re-read the zero cost section box. Still wanted to be certain about the details.

Thanks again,

Just got the game this weekend, I'm hooked. Very innovative design work and presentation. Engaging game, expect to get quite a bit of mileage out of this one

Thanks David! Glad you are enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
10. RE: “Hornet’s Nest” demand card: does the revelation of that location force the discarding of the previous location, or does it temporarily replace it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richardolen2 wrote:
10. RE: “Hornet’s Nest” demand card: does the revelation of that location force the discarding of the previous location, or does it temporarily replace it?

Discard it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.